The Flower Girl

He woke up with his blurry vision. He stood up, stumbling, in confusion. He looked around, seeing nothing but a forest covered in mist. He couldn't see a way out. In front of him, a theater, dimly lit. There seemed to be faintly visible figures slowly entering the theater, they seemed to be floating. The ebony-haired, blue-eyed man looked at that scenario with confusion, he was using his formal attire for some reason. The ceremonialist was quietly standing by the massive doors. The dark-haired man walked towards the ceremonialist, who bowed solemnly to the dark-haired man and grimly said "... F... ol...low... me... pl... ea... se... Your Highness.". The Prince looked at the eery ceremonialist with uneasiness, but followed him nonetheless. The ceremonialist guided the Prince through the wrecked theater, falling apart, forgotten by time, left to rotten. The Dying Swan could be heard playing in the distance, the closer he got, the louder it was. He entered what was left of the balcony, without many choice, he sat down, and looked at the performance.

The Odette ballerina was on stage, dancing. He's seen ballet performances before, hers was none else but just above decent. Her light brown hair flickered against her porcelain skin, her skirt seeming almost cloud-like from how smoothly they moved along her dance, a beautiful pearlescent corset adorned the upper part of her outfit, her shoulders exposed, her hand movement, delicate and sophisticated, almost painting-like. The ballerina itself seemed prettier than her dance, that is... Until the climax of the song, as if in a sudden realization, the melancholy and tragedy portrait in her movement not just pulled the Prince's attention into the play, it grasped him by the throat, his heart now stuck in seeing that ever so magnificent woman dancing.

The delicate scent of flowers from her was intoxicating. While seeing her heart and soul being poured into her dance, the Prince stood up from his seat, left running to the stage, tumbling against the walls in his hurry. Upon entering the commoner's audience seat, he walked towards her as the end of the orchestra that followed her movement was little by little coming to an end. He calmly walked on stage, she kept dancing, even with his presence, unfazed by his status, focused on what she was doing. He tried to say something, but no words left his mouth, he looked at her in awe,  her gaze fell on him, her emerald eyes enticing him.

Her final act was at may, her figure slowly crumbling away, as if she was a crystal that was broken to bits, he ran to try and hold her... But alas, it was too late. She shape faded in thin air, leaving nothing but her floral scent behind. A cruel reminder of the thing he sought the most and didn't had. A cruel reminder of what he tried to have in his arms, but lost. He fell to his knees, looking at the ground in sheer shock. Tears silently fell from his eyes. He was at a loss of words, at a loss of thoughts, he lost the one thing he wanted the most. It wasn't the first time he lost something. What was so different about it? Why was he feeling this crushed over losing such a defying woman like that ballerina? This trance was broken by the sound of applause, he looked at the audience, applauding his pain, as if it was amusing to them. Why was this affecting him so much? Why was he feeling his breath fail him? He wanted to scream. He had to scream. And when he screamed... He woke up in a fright.

Door knocking ever so annoyingly, the servant telling him it's time to wake up. He sat down slowly, looking at the wreck of a room his last runt left. He sighed in annoyance, he stood up and opened the door with a frown on his face.

"What?!" He asked in a angered tone.

"Your majesty, cover yourself!" The servant said in embarrassment. He sighed and put a robe on top of his nude body, staring at the servant in a bit of anger.

"Alright, now, what is it?" The Prince said already calming down.

"Oh, thank goodness... His Majesty, the King, requests your presence at the throne room." The servant said, now calmer, the Prince sighed.