Why?

.......why?

Why did you drop me?

As I fall to the abyss everything move so slowly. I looked up, and saw you, SIX.

I never thought about anyone else back then, only caring about myself

I never thought about anyone else back then, only caring about myself. That's what all the other kids think about too. Whenever I cross path one of us they'll either just ignore me or try to steal something from me. Hell they'll even try to kill me just to eat me. Cannibalism.

Most kids like us dead by the NIGHTMARES, or from each other.
But yet, I survive, because I was lucky to have enough mind and strength to escape or kill them. I mostly kill the cannibal kids. I even have my fair and share with the Nightmares I've killed.

I thought only about myself, no one else matters but my own safety.

What else could I think of, I can't remember my past. I don't even know about my childhood. The only thing I remember from the every start of my life was when I was 5 years old sleeping next to a television.

So what else should I think about, other people? No, if I do then I'll just hold myself back. No one can help me, but myself. That's why I call myself Mono. Mono means alone. There no better name for me than Mono.

Mono the lone wolf.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Or so that's what I thought.

In the woods, I was setting up on a tree branch, thinking about what my next move should be for my future, and also taking a break from all the Nightmares.  A time where I can finally have a bit of peace.

'BANG!'

*Sigh* a bit of peace.

I heard the sound of a gun shot, another Nightmare. It could most likely be hunting animals or kids to eat. Well I'm not gonna stay and became the hunted.

I stood up, getting ready to leave, until I heard a rustling sound of grass below me.
I looked down and saw you.

Then you looked up at me, with those red slit eyes you have.