When You Doubt Your Partner

The King's hunting celebration took place today. The lord of the throne welcomed everyone from all walks of society to the celebration and promised to personally reward the winner. Gwi designed this ceremony to enhance the bonds between all factions, whether noble families or simple folk. He organizes this gathering so that his people will not be divided and to show everyone that any faction would be welcomed with open arms in Hwon Kingdom.

   The king would also allow regular people the opportunity to join the royal army, which would raise their family's social standing and demonstrate that they are worthy of the king's trust. The hunting festival's rule is simple: the person who captures the rarest beast wins the game. What makes it even more spectacular is that the king or queen will directly participate in the event. All of this was done by the king in order for him to become closer to his people.

  "Are you planning on attending this hunting festival every year?" Siera gently asks as she assists her husband in putting on his royal cloak.

   "Of course, this is one of the events I can use to get to know our people better. I wouldn't pass up the opportunity." While answering his queen's query, Gwi put on his best smile. He is always eager to connect with the people of Hwon Kingdom from all over the place.

   "Wouldn't your presence make them feel threatened instead? Every year, you get the most elusive beast no one has ever seen? Do you really want to use this event to brag to everyone?" The queen cracks a joke about the king's incredible hunting ability. Of course, his innate instincts as a werewolf give him a better chance of locating any beast in the jungle than an ordinary human.

   "Haha. Perhaps you are accurate. I wouldn't want to embarrass you by losing to our folks. My lovely queen, you must be the one who received the most precious beast as a gift." Gwi takes Siera's hand and kisses it softly. Yes, the rarest beast would become a valuable gift; it is customary to offer the beast to the closest people following the competition.

   Instead, Siera drapes her arm around his neck and smiles meaningfully at him. She swayed their bodies as if they were dancing.

   "You are the best gift that cannot be replaced by any most valuable thing in the entire world," she tells her husband, making him grin. Gwi's heart is always warmed by Siera's loving side. He then planted a soft kiss on her lips, full of excitement.

   "I guess I'll have to join the battle soon before you keep me here any longer. I'd show you my monstrous side after the festival tonight. Please don't make me choose between admiring your gorgeous physique all day or joining our people today," the king says gently into her ears. His breath tickles her, making Siera shudder. They release go of each other and walk out to join the other people hand in hand.

  "Your Majesty, what is it that takes you so long?" When Gwi enters the arena and joins Hwon's people, a happy voice greets him. Ryu, as usual, rushes up to Gwi and casually embraces the king, only to be met with a straightforward rejection from the king, as is customary just like their old days.

   The monarch delivers his speech to his people, encouraging everyone to do their best for the festivities. He reminds them that this celebration is not being hosted to encourage them to do something unethical that will result in the extinction of divine animals in the jungles or environmental devastation. As a result, he reminds everyone to constantly be humble and to put all greed aside. Only then would this festival achieve its ultimate objective of uniting everyone.

   "The king is so cool," a mother with two toddlers on her both hands approaches Siera and joins the queen in listening to the king's speech. Siera's eyes light up with joy when she sees her long-time bestfriend, Key, arrive at the event with her son and daughter.