Prologue

A middle-aged man's numbed body lay sprawled on the floor, blood puddles forming next to it. The scratches were etched all over his body and arms. The entrails unraveled out of his stomach. It was only his face safe from the brutal raid on him.

Nearby, a beast in the shape of a werewolf stood on its paws, observing the lifeless human being that the critter had just brutally slaughtered. Its neck craned and its snout held up. In a second, the howls roared throughout the room which sent a shiver down the spine of whoever was around.

The silence took over as soon as the hollers halted. In the next minute, the yellowish pupils of the werewolf turned blue as the physic altered. Those four legs changed shape and number and transformed into a doughty towering man. His egregious appearance vanished, wiped out by the handsome visage.

That beast, which had transformed into a dashing man, squatted and examined his victim's pulse to see if he was still alive. His lips smirked in satisfaction with the certainty that his target had become a corpse.

"Dad…dad….Where have you gone?"

Startled by the weak voice of a small human girl, he leaped to his feet. In a panic, he darted away from his prey. As he sprinted in a rush, his feet kicked the object on the floor and he had no chance to check out what it was. With his agility, he jumped out of the open window, abandoning everything behind him.

"Dad….dad! Is that you?"

That girl found the room in a full mess. The sofa had turned upside down and the glass table had shifted to another side of the room. In one corner, the flower vase and other things were scattered on the floor as if the earthquake just hit the house.

Her eyes widened in shock at the view of the dead body of her father. Her limbs dropped along with the tears streaming down her cheeks. Then, her hoarse cry shrieked and broke the silence of her surroundings. She crawled on her knees and palms toward the dead man, begging him to respond to her summon. However, what she heard was merely her heartbeat and sobs that echoed back to her ears.

"No…! Dad….wake up….don't leave me alone!" Her feeble hand shook his stiff body but it was futile; her father had met his demise.