Prologue-10 years ago

"Please Sebastian, don't go." You begged, "we'll explain what happened, we'll tell them you didn't have a choice."

"This isn't sneaking into the restricted section, I won't be able to talk my way out of this one." He threw a few more items into his duffel bag and zipped it closed.

Sebastian looked up from the bag he was packing and froze when he saw your face.

He walked over to you with his confident, sure gate and took your face in his hands, "please don't cry" he whispered almost inaudibly, "I shall never forget the kindness and compassion you've shown me, even when I didn't deserve it."

His hands trailed from your face, and he enveloped you in a tight embrace. He held onto you tight, like his life depended on it.

When he pulled back, he saw a silent tear fall down you cheek. Sebastian bent down and kissed it away.

You reached up, threaded your fingers through his soft brown hair, and pulled him in until his warm lips met yours.

Your kiss said everything the two of you weren't able to put into words. It lasted until an explosion echoed into the room.

The unmistakable sound of the Bombarda spell knocking in a door at the bottom of the stairs brought you both back to reality and with a sadness, you realized it was all over.

Sebastian released you and drew his wand with a poise and skill that was uniquely him.

He blew out the window with the confringo charm and mounted his broom with the duffel bag strapped to the back.

Voices raced up the stairs, time was almost out.

Sebastian looked back over his shoulder one more time, "I will never stop loving you and I will find you again one day."

And with that, he kicked off.

Ministry aurors burst into the room but he was already gone. They knocked you out of the way to reach the open window but Sebastian was already out of their casting range.