『 9. go for it 』

A/N: Thank u for reading~~ 💜
please vote & comment~ ⭐️💬

this update is ahead of schedule! make sure you read chapters 7 and 8 first before continuing.

⚠️WARNING(S)⚠️
for those who may be triggered by:
mentions of prescription drug use,
depictions of anxiety disorder and panic attacks,
and mentions/use of alcohol...

none of the following scenes are overly intense, nor do they contain or promote misuse/abuse of said drugs and alcohol.

♡ drink and medicate wisely in moderation♡

Word Count: 2,959

ˏˋ POV'ˎ
ʕ KTH ʔ
• ᴥ •

PTD week was the only thing restraining me from texting Soleil constantly. I don't know what's gotten into me. Normally I would write it off as hormones but now that I am twenty-six-years-old, I have to search for something new to blame my chaotic impulses on.

It was easy to push the concept of romance to the back of my mind when we never had the time to meet new people and actually spend time with them. Despite this being an insanely hectic pin in BTS' career timeline, we had a surprising amount of downtime between and after rehearsals. But it wasn't just the circumstances. There was this magnetic aura about Soleil that was too strong for me to pull myself away from.

The feeling of a weight lifting up off of my shoulders and flying away had graced my body since I confided in Jungkook. I knew I could trust him to not repeat my private feelings to anyone else... He's a good friend, but most of my comfort was drawn from the fact that I'm pretty sure he has forgotten most of what I told him by now. He's kind of like a goldfish in that sense.

"Taehyung-ah!" Jin suddenly ripped me from my cluttered brain with a caterwaul that echoed throughout Allegiant Stadium, which was currently empty besides the boys and me, as well as our staff.

Lifting my head of mussed-up waves that shielded most of my eyes and my entire forehead, I gazed over at my hyung with large doe eyes sparkling with surprise. Not only was he staring at me with half-moon eyes of laughter, but so was Namjoon. Jungkook was side-eyeing Namjoon watching us as Jin spoke to me once more.

"What was that? You did the last few steps backward," the older boy pointed out with a deafening laugh that eerily represented someone rapidly cleansing a window.

Despite the reason behind my distractions, I couldn't help but mimic his infectious happiness at the idea of how ridiculous I must have looked. Also, in an attempt to steer Namjoon's watchful and curiously concerned eyes away from me, I joined in on teasing myself.

"I was dropped on my head as a child," I responded to my hyung with a dead straight facial expression.

"So, what, like two weeks ago?" Yoongi commented flatly as he passed by with a bottle of icy water he had switched for his mic for the time being while we rested.

The rest of the boys erupted with laughter as Yoongi attempted to shield his glowing smile of pride with his face mask he moved back up over his nose and mouth. This seemed to be enough to make Joon crack a dimpled smile and approach me to give me a side hug as if to silently assure me that no one was genuinely upset or picking on my misdirection during the Boy With Luv routine.

"Alright, that's a wrap for the final day of rehearsals. Great work, everyone, go relax and we'll see you bright and early tomorrow for preparations before PTD Day One begins," one of our staff members informed us all through a mic, emitting claps and accomplished grins from the boys and me.