☆ 3 ☆

I slowly woke up only to find that I was strapped in a chair in the basement of some building. To my horror, Bo was looking down at me.

    "Finally awake." He said.

    "Please, I'm so sorry!" I sobbed. "I won't tell anyone! Just let me go!!"

    "Sorry, dear." He shook his head. "Can't do that."

    I tried to fight against the leather wrist straps, but it didn't work. All it did was hurt my scratched up wrists even more.

    "Ahh!" I cried out in pain. "C-can you at least loosen these? My arms hurt."

    "You think I'm stupid, don't you?" He said. "No. I'm not gonna give you a chance to run." He leaned in uncomfortably close. I noticed him glance down to my wrists and see the painful blisters from me clawing at them earlier. "...What happened?"

    "Just... bad habit." I sighed. I was trying to stop panicking so I could think of a better plan to escape. "I've been scratching myself ever since I was young."

    "Ah." He said.

    He was still uncomfortably close to me but, thankfully, my depersonalization was starting to kick in. I was completely disconnected from the situation. I felt like I was asleep- like this wasn't real. "So I'm never leaving, huh?"

    "Nope." He said, looking a little confused.

    "...Am I gonna die?" I asked.

    "If you misbehave." He replied.

    "What counts as misbehaving?" I questioned. I wasn't even crying anymore. I was so dazed from the depersonalization. I just felt out of it.

    "No screaming, no trying to escape, no games, no nothing." He squinted his eyes at me.

    "And if I do behave?" I asked.

    "We'll just have to see." He replied.

    Before I could respond, we heard a car approaching. Looking up, I saw a sewer drain above me. We were under ground. He shoved a small towel into my mouth and covered it with duct tape.

    "Stay quiet. Don't try anything." He instructed before heading out to greet the person.

    I feel like I should be way more scared right now, I thought. I just feel like this is a weird dream. I looked around at the room. It appeared to be the basement to the gas station.

    From the drain above me, I heard Bo greet the person who stepped out of the vehicle. They sounded to be a young woman. I knew I could have called out for help, but I decided to do as he said and stay quiet. Listening closer, I noticed the voice sounded familiar. It sounded like one of my friends.

    Amy. I realized. She was following me? Well, she must have been pretty far behind me to not know where I am right now.

    "Have you seen a girl about this tall, bright orange hair, probably wearing something brightly colored?" I heard her ask.

    "I'm sorry, ma'am." He replied. "I haven't. No one's come through here."

    I heard the two of them enter the gas station, their voices fading out of view. Honestly, I was surprised Amy even cared to check where I was. She hated me ever since she'd said something incredibly transphobic and I actually  called her out on it. I could hardly even consider her a friend at that point. Although, if she went missing, I'd probably try to find her as well.

Now I just feel funny, I thought to myself. I feel so loopy.

    What felt like hours later, I heard Amy's shrill voice screaming and then silence. Then Bo came back down to me, covered in blood.

    "Was that your friend?" He asked.

    "Not really." I responded. I could barely even process what had just happened.

    "Well, she's dead now." He said.

    "Oh." I stared off into space.

    "What's wrong with you?" He asked.

    "I'unno. Depersonalization." I answered.

    "What's that?" He tilted his head to the side.

    "It means I feel so disconnected from reality right now I might as well be dreaming." I explained. "I just feel like I'm dreaming. Or like I'm not real, I guess."

    "Oh." He nodded, carefully examining me.

    "Who's Vincent?" I asked.

    He looked shocked. "Excuse me?"

    "His name was on most of the wax things." I said. "Vincent. I'm guessing he's an artist or something."

    "Yeah. That's my brother." He said.

    "Lester and Vincent are your brothers?" I questioned.

    "Yeah." He nodded. "Look, you're starting to annoy me. Just go to sleep now. I'll be back in the morning."

    "Okay." I responded.

    He flicked off the lights and left. Now would be a good time to think of a plan to escape. But what if he kills me like he killed Amy? I better not risk it. I slumped my head down and tried to fall asleep. After some time, I managed to do just that.