Chapter 12

Today was thankfully my day off

Today was thankfully my day off. I didn't realize I was put on the same schedule as Reid until I saw him on my grandma's couch the morning I woke up. I swear this dude is everywhere.

"What are you doing here," I yawned, scratching my scalp. I had just come from the bathroom after refreshing up. Usually, I would've walked out in a towel to the next room, but something told me to get dressed in the bathroom today.

He shrugged, scrolling through his phone. "Your grandma said she needed help with something."

As if on cue, my grandma walked into the living room, carrying a basket of ribbons and fabric. "Thank you for taking the time to come over here and help an old lady out," she said, dropping the basket on the floor.

Old? She was barely 50. She had my mom at the young age of 16 and my mom managed to follow in her footsteps. I however have vowed not to fall into the family pattern of teen pregnancies. I could not go through the struggles my parents did at such a young age. It was hard to watch.

"No problem, what do you need me to do?" He stood to his feet, prepared for any task she was about to throw at him.

Wow, my grandma really has him working on his day off. Tuff.

"Can you and Jade do me a favor and drop these off at the fashion school, an hour from here? I would go but my car isn't in its best condition and Vincent is using the other car for work.

"Why am I getting wrapped into this Grandma?" I whined, I wanted to enjoy my day off for the week before the weekend.

"Because if you had your driver's license missy, I would send you but you don't. Might as well keep Reid company and practice your driving skills with him."

I shut my mouth, not wanting to argue with her. She knows how much I hate when people bring up the fact I still don't have my license. "Fine," I huffed.

"I have a friend who teaches there named Loretta and she is counting on these fabrics so don't let me down, ok kiddos?" We both nodded in response. "And she needs them at a certain time so you must leave now."

"I haven't even had breakfast yet," I called after her as she walked away.

"Girl it's almost damn near 2 o'clock, get you some lunch on the road," she yelled back.

I hung my head, defeated. Turning to Reid I pressed my lips into a thin line, "Let's go."

"What do you want for lunch Teddy Bear?" Ried asked, climbing into the driver's seat. He had already put the fabrics in the trunk.

I rolled my eyes at his stupid nickname but answered him with, "Zaxbys."

He nodded and smoothly drove us over to the restaurant. I studied the way he drove, he was relaxed, bopping his head slightly to the music streaming from the radio. His brown curly hair created a fluffy halo around his head.