1-Haunted Heart

In the dark night, the room was cloaked in darkness, creating eerie shadows that danced upon the walls. A restless young boy found himself entangled in the grip of his troubled dreams. Fear etched across his innocent face, revealing the turmoil consuming his subconscious mind. Like a helpless puppet manipulated by an unseen malevolence, he contorted and thrashed, desperately attempting to elude an elusive predator.

A piercing scream escaped his trembling lips, shattering the calm of the night. His body jerked upright, adrenaline flooding his veins. His heart pounded relentlessly, threatening to burst from his chest. Beads of sweat dotted his forehead, evidence of the harrowing battle that consumed his dreams. In the ensuing silence, he closed his swollen, teary eyes in anguish. Tears streamed down his pale cheeks, like sorrowful rivers. He curled into a protective ball, seeking solace within his vulnerability. The weight of despair pressed upon him, suffocating his spirit, leaving him gasping for relief.

Unfortunately, there was no comforting presence by his side, no gentle voice to offer reassurance in his troubled state. He was completely alone in his anguish, burdened by overwhelming fears that crushed his fragile soul. The world felt distant, lacking compassion and empathy, as his cries reverberated into the empty void of his isolation. Just as despair threatened to consume him entirely, an unfamiliar and chilling touch abruptly interrupted his desolate contemplation. His trembling body seized with a mixture of dread and hope, his heart pounding in his chest. With tear-stained eyes, he looked up, his face revealing a blend of apprehension and sorrow like a tragic painting.

In that moment, fear and a desperate longing mingled in his eyes, yearning for a comforting embrace, a presence to vanquish the haunting demons. Yet, uncertainty gripped him, unsure if this touch would bring solace or plunge him into deeper darkness.

He felt a chill run down his spine as a vile woman, a source of eternal torture, tightened her hold on his tear-stained face. He was overwhelmed by an intense sense of dread as his heart raced in his chest. He felt as though a weight could not be lifted off of him due to her oppressive and heavy presence. She fixed him with blazing eyes that were filled with a frightening passion.

"Kya hua neend nahi aarahi mere bache ko" she caressed his face dangerously, the boy was Paralyzed by fear, his voice suffocated, heart thundering in terror.

The woman noticed him shivering under her gaze, A wicked smile adorned her lips, reveling in his vulnerability.

"Please i'm sorry, m..main..woh..ab bilkul bhi shor nahi machaunga, please i m sorry" Her laughter echoed cruelly as his desperate pleas fell upon deaf ears, amplifying his helplessness.

With a tight grip on his hair, she forced him to stand up, her dominance unyielding and relentless. The boy winced in pain.

"Bohut shok hai na tujhe cheekhne chillane ka, chal ek khel khelte hain" the woman said smiling at him.

"Please mujhe maaf kardijiye agli baar aisa nahi hoga" the boy cried.

"Shhhhhhh jitna bola hai utna kar" her slow yet dangerous voice silenced him.

"Han toh ek khel khelte hain, dekhte hain tujhmein dard sehen karne ki kitni shamata hai, agar tu dard se cheekha toh mera vaar utna hi gehra, han?" Her statement struck him like a dagger, draining the color from his face, leaving him pale with dread.

With that each merciless slap landed upon him, a symphony of pain, punishment for rousing her from slumber. He winced, his body battered, until he crumpled to the floor, broken and defeated.

Callously wiping her hand clean, the woman abandoned him on the cold floor, leaving him alone in his anguish.

Summoning all his strength, he rose with immense struggle, crimson lips quivering and bleeding. Tears mingled with despair as he yearned for salvation, pleading for someone to rescue him from this abyss.

Otherside In a room, a lady entered and found her husband engrossed in his laptop. She let out a sigh when she noticed a plate of untouched food.

"Aapne abhi tak khana nahi khaya, Akaansh?" she asked with concern.

"Vidya, just let me finish my work. I'll eat later," he replied, his eyes still fixed on the laptop screen.

Vidya approached her husband and gently took the laptop away from him. Akaansh looked up, frustrated, and said, "I'm working, Vidya. Give me my laptop back."

"Nahi, pehle aap khana khaiye Akaansh. You can continue working later," Vidya insisted, looking at him with, fatigue was evident in his eyes.

Vidyaaa," he protested, but she quieted him by feeding him. She continued to feed him until the plate was empty. As she prepared to leave, Akaansh held her hand.

She gazed at him, and Akaansh asked, "Are you still upset?"

Vidya shook her head and replied, "agar main upset hoti toh aapse baat kar rahi hoti, hmm? Please don't stress yourself, Akaansh. That's all I want."

She gently grasped his face, her voice quivering with intensity. "Main janti hun aap kya soch rahe hain bumara bacha.."

Akaansh abruptly cut her off, his voice strained. "mujhe need aarahi hai vidya hum sojaye?"

Tears brimmed in Vidya's eyes, her voice choked with emotion. "sachai se muh mod lene se sach badal nahi jata akaansh, humara bacha hai woh, aap kaise usse aise.."

Akaansh's eyes darted towards her, his agitation palpable. "maine kaha na vidya mujhe uss baare main koi baat nahi karni, woh ladka humara beeta hua kal hai aur humein apne beete hue kal ko apne aaj pe haavi hone nahi dena chahiye, acha hoga ke tum bhool jao uske baare main, bhool jao ke woh kabhi humari zindagi ka hissa tha"

Tears cascaded down Vidya's cheeks, her anguish transforming into fierce determination. With a furious swipe, she wiped away her tears. "uske baare main aap bhool sakte hain main nahi, sach chahe kuch bhi ho main janti hun mera bacha bekusoor hai, kabhi kabhi aankhon dekhi cheezein sach nahi hoti akaansh, aap bohut badi galti kar rahe hain"

Akaansh snapped, "Enough, Vidya! I don't want to discuss this anymore. End it now!"

Tears cascaded down Vidya's cheeks, her anguish transforming into fierce determination. With a furious swipe, she wiped away her tears. "mujhe chup kara lene se sach nahi badal jayega, par main apne bache ko is ghar main wapas zaroor leke aaungi, yeh ek maa ka waada hai aapse."

She sobbed uncontrollably and stormed out of the room, leaving Akaansh sitting there, consumed by desolation. Tears streamed relentlessly down his face, his heart heavy with conflicting emotions. Despite his wife's passionate words, he couldn't ignore what he had witnessed that fateful night. The scene played over and over in his mind, etched into his soul. Could he truly believe his wife's denial? No, he convinced himself, that boy was forever banished from their lives-a lost chapter in their story, never to be reopened.

Authors note:

I know that this chapter is relatively short, but it serves as a starting point for the story that lies ahead. I would like to know your thoughts on the chapter and what you would like to explore in the upcoming chapters.