Chapter 1: I'm a queen?!

My name is Gwen Rylan. I am thirty-five and work in a small cafe in London. In my free time, I read fantasy books and play video games, especially those involving magic. The year 2020 was one of the worst. My grandmother and father died from the Coronavirus and I almost lost my damn job. I wasn't very sad for my father because he was an alcoholic and lived in Germany, but it took me a few months to get over my grandmother's death. I never met my mother, as she died shortly after giving birth to me.

Today was 3rd March 2021. There were few customers today, of course, everyone got takeaway, due to the pandemic there was no other way. I just finished my shift at the bar and went to the supermarket to buy some things for the house. -Okay, that's it. Cola, pasta... - I said some things I had picked up and quickly went to pay for them. I left the store and went home. On the way, I saw someone take the girl's bag and push her. I quickly put my things on the bench and ran after him. I caught him in the street and grabbed his purse, but he slipped away from me. I started backing up, but then I saw a car coming towards me at great speed. The next thing I felt was pain and then darkness.

Year 9:24 Denerim, third Guardian

I started waking up and thought I saw the ceiling of the hospital. I was very wrong. I sat on the bed which was comfortable and large. I looked around and saw no one else. The room seemed large and made of stone, with a wooden lion statue on each corner, and no sign of electricity or modern things. I started to get scared. I went to the window and opened the curtains. A medieval village appeared before my eyes, I could see the market square, buildings of different types and people who began to give life to the town.

-Oh dear Jesus, couldn't you reincarnate me in the future?- Thinking of no real toilet and no modern doctor, car, ship or even supermarket where you could buy whatever you wanted. And the thought that there was no 21st-century music in this medieval world started to piss me off. I looked around the room again and found the mirror on the dressing table. I got closer and when I saw who was in the reflection my heart almost stopped. I knew this face. Long blond hair, delicate face, bright blue eyes. It was the face of Loghain Mac Tir's daughter. I become the Queen of Ferelden, Anora Mac Tir.