The boy

AARON

"I don't understand why the doctor has to be alone with him." Ava says, pacing.

"Why so nervous, afraid he's not mine?" I ask her.

"Okay, cut the attitude. He is yours despite you not wanting him." She says angrily.

"I don't even know him. Did you forget the part where you packed your shit and left without telling me?" I shot back.

"I made a fucking mistake okay. Motherhood is harder than I expected." She says, running her fingers through her blonde hair.

"Ava, you chose to be a single mother."

Just as she was about to answer me, Dr. Glass came out of the room with Tristan.

"Okay. He's all good." Dr Glass said and handed the little boy to Ava.

I took out my car keys and gave them to Ava. "Wait, in the car, I'll be right out."

She takes the keys and walks out.

"Did you get the blood?" I ask him once she's outside.

"Yes, and I hope you know I just broke the law for you." He says to me.

"I appreciate your discretion. And please -"

"Don't tell your mother." He finished my sentence. "Your blood is already in my system, so I'll test the kid's own and match it, then let you know."

My mother was actually a nice person she was just very nosey.

"Thank you."

"So did you and Ms. Davis, decide on if you will be doing insemination again?" He asked.

I cleared my throat. "Something like that."

Dr. Glass and I talked for a while, and then Ava came running in tears.

"I locked him in the car. Please tell me you have a spear key!" She said, panicking.

"You locked the baby and my keys in the car?!" I yelled and ran out.

I looked through the car window and saw his crying face.

"What kind of mother locks her kid in the car?!" I asked her angrily.

I knew I shouldn't yell at her but seriously.

I begin to punch the glass of the car repeatedly. I hurts but I'm so angry I'm releasing frustration at this point. I keep punching until finally the cracks become week enough, and I push on it so the glass doesn't fly and hit Tristan.

Damn my car window, though...

I push my hand inside and unlock the doors. Ava opens the door to the backseat and takes Tristan out and cradles him.

"Thank you." She cries.

I groan loudly and slam my car door shut out of frustration.

"How the fuck did you lock a baby in a car!" I yell.

"It was an accident." She said in her defense.

I'm so fucking pissed.

"I asked one thing of you, and that was to wait in the damn car!" I yell, and Tristan starts crying louder.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

This is going to be a long day.

LEAH

So far, my day has been shit. I had three pop quizzes, and all I wanted to do was cry.

I was about to reach the vending machine when I felt the sudden urge to throw up. I ran to the nearest trash can and threw up. When I lifted my head, I saw people staring at me.

"The fuck you all looking at hm?" I ask them and they go back to what ever they were doing.

"Here." A voice said from behind me.

I turned around to see Jack handing me a bottle of water.

"You don't have to." I say to him, but he still gives it to me.

"You okay?" He asks.

"I've been better." I sigh.

"How many more classes do you have?" He asks

"Two, but I'm not feeling it."

"Yeah, I can see that." He jokes. "Wanna ditch?"

"Sure. I need a distraction anyway." I answer.

Jack wraps an arm around my shoulder playfully and kisses my head. "Are you sick?" He asks.

"No, I'm okay." I answer, not looking where I'm going, and I accidentally bump into someone.

"Sorry." I apologize and realized it's Sandy.

"Leah. Hey." She says, giving me a sad smile.

We all stand there awkwardly staring at each other.

"Um, can you give us a minute." I ask Jack, and he nods.

"How are you?" She asks.

Sandy and I haven't spoken since our fight.

"I'm fine. How are things with you?" I ask.

"They're good..... I've actually been meaning to reach out to you."

I wrap my arms around myself. "Why?"

"To Apologize. I was wrong about the things I said to you and I'm really sorry." She says sincerely.

I don't know if it's the hormones, but I hug her. I miss her too. She was like my sister. She wraps her arms around me as I sob into her shoulder.

"Aww, Leah, are you okay?" She asks.

"I'm pregnant." I say softly.

She pulls away and wipes my tears. "Congratulations, Leah."

I give her a smile, but truthfully, I'm scared. If Ava's son is Aaron's, where does that even leave me?

"Thanks." I reply.

"If you need anything, you know I'm here, okay?"

I gave her a small smile and nodded.

"Well, I know Aaron's the dad and all, but if you never need someone to be with you at the doctor, I'm available. " She says to me.

"Thanks, Sandy."

"No problem, babes, but I have to get to class, so text me, okay?"

"Yeah, okay." I agree and walked her walk away.

I've never felt so alone. I placed my hand on my belly and turned away to walk out. I know I should've told Aaron I was pregnant, but I couldn't. I wondered if he still had feelings for her? If he does, then does he even need or want me anymore?

I walk towards Jack's car, and my jaw drops when I see he's kissing a guy.

Jack pulls away from the guy and waves me to come over.

"Leah, this is my boyfriend, Ethan." Jack smiles. "Wait, you do know that I'm gay right?"

"I do now." I answered and shaked Ethan's hand.

Jack has to be the straightest gay person I know.

"Alright. I'm hungry. Let's get some pizza." Jack says, patting my head.

"He's like a hyperactive teenager." I say to Ethan.

"Yup. But I love him." He answers and gets in the car.

At least I can finally get my mind off what's going on at home.