Chapter One- Brianna

Liam, Carlos, Evelyn and I are at the school fair. The school does this every year in October, and us four always go together. There's always this special fortune teller that comes that none of us want to miss!

"What happened to all the popcorn?" Carlos asks with the empty bucket in his hands.

I roll my eyes. "You ate it all. Let's grab a refill."

"Can you pay? Pleaseee?" He begs.

"No." I say stiffly.

He groans and reaches into his pocket.

My friends know my parents always give me the most money. So, whenever they don't feel like using their money, they ask me.

Carlos pays the one dollar for his treat and keeps chewing it.

"When will the fortune teller get here?" Evelyn asks eagerly.

"I dunno." I respond, and sneak a handful of popcorn from Carlos.

"The fortune teller? Again?" Liam asks. "Last year she told me that my favorite jeans would rip. AND THEY DID!!"

"That's the fun of it!" I exclaim. "She knows everything!" I spot her tent being set up. "Look! She's setting up right now!"

 Evelyn looks over. "Yay!" She exclaims excitedly. Evelyn looks forward to the fair every year just to see Lady Kimwaki. I understand why, because having your fortune told is so mysterious and fun!

"Let's head over to that booth with the racecar powered by the sun!" I say.

"Sick!!" Liam exclaims. We run over to the little toy car road. They're just getting ready to launch the car. I look and see the little solar panels on top of the car.

"We've had the car sitting in the sun all day." Alex, the runner of the booth explains.

This is a student booth. At the fair, you can volunteer to create your own booth! Most of the booths are from adults from our town that volunteered, like Lady Kimwaki.

"We're about to launch the car!" Alex's buddy, Marcom exclaims. We all turn our eyes to the car. Alex presses a small button on the back. We watch it go zooming across the track, doing loop-d-loops and crazy sharp turns! It gets to the end of the track and stops.

"The point of this experiment was to show you that we can use renewable energy for power! We need to save the Earth!" Alex yells. We all applaud his kind work.  

"Guys! Lady Kimwaki's booth is set up!" Evelyn whispers to us. Carlos smiles along with me, and Liam sighs nervously. Carlos, Evelyn and I are dashing to her booth, and Liam is walking behind us. We look at her beautiful purple tent and her crystal ball.

"Why, if it isn't my favorite children!" Lady Kimwaki says in her old croaky voice with a smile.

"Hi, Lady Kimwaki!" Evelyn exclaims. She can never hold in her excitement.

"Evelyn has been waiting for this all day!" I laugh.

"That makes me so happy." Lady Kimwaki says, smiling at us. "Come on now, children, into the tent."

We follow her into her tent and look behind us to see Liam slumping along. He lets out a sigh.

"Come on, Liam." She smiles.

"Why did I agree to this?" I hear him whisper, and then follows us in. We sit on her long, purple couch in the purple tent. Lady Kimwaki sits across from us with her crystal ball in her hands. She turns off the lights and stares into the ball.

"Children.." she starts. "You will encounter a ghost." She whispers.

"A ghost?" Liam shivers.

"Awesome!" I exclaim.

 Lady Kimwaki looks down, giving her mysterious look. "This is not a normal town.."

Evelyn sighs of shock.

"I wanna meet a ghost!" I exclaim.

Lady Kimwaki nods, and hands us a map. "This will lead you to the dragon dungeon."

"Cool.." Carlos sighs with a smile.

Lady Kimwaki flips the light back on. "Have fun, my little ghost hunters."

Ghost hunters.. hmmmm..