Chapter Five- Brianna

".. and that is what a lost spirit is. Any questions?" I finish off the book. I look around and see that everyone has passed out. Evelyn falls over onto my thigh. "Ugh.." I groan, and then try to hide my smile.

I just sit there and lay with them with a smile. I look at the fountain and listen to the water splashing onto more water, and just enjoy the autumn breeze.

Evelyn yawns and opens her eyes. "AH!" She jumps up off of my leg, her face turning bright red. She laughs nervously and sits back down.

Liam sits up, awoken by Evelyn's scream. He yawns and checks his watch. "Ah, shoot!" He yells. "I need to get home!" He sprints away from the bench.

Carlos keeps snoring away.

"I need to get my stuff for trick or treating." Evelyn gets off the bench. "Cya soon!"

I just sit on the bench with my trick or treating bucket in my hands. I stuff the ghosts book into my bag.

I stick my fingers in my mouth to check that my fake vampire teeth are still there. Phew, all safe.

Suddenly, my phone rings. It's an unknown caller. Stupid me clicks the answer button.

"Hello?" I ask. The response is a static noises, and I hear groaning noises.

"Uh.. who's there?" I ask.

Carlos wakes up. "What's going on?" He yawns as he asks.

I shush Carlos with my finger and put the phone closer to my ear.

I hear a brief voice. "G-g-get- awayy.. L-leave m-me aloneee.." the voice groans, glitching through the static. I panic and hang up the call.

"Who was that?" I whisper to myself.

Carlos sits up. "Track the caller ID." he shrugs.

Good idea. I check the location of the caller. It gives me a map.

"Come on, let's go!" I get off the bench. "Quickly, before it's time to go trick-or-treating."

Carlos jumps off the bench, and we follow the map on my phone. We walk through the streets and come across a shady, dark spot.

"The map says the caller is over here." I whisper.

"Are you sure?" Carlos shivers.

"Yep."

We walk slowly toward the dark area. The trees tower above us, and the cement is cracked below us.

The map ends and we stand at the top of some stairs.

"Where do we go now?" Carlos asks.

"I dunno. Down there?" I shrug. He nods unsurely. I turn on my phone flashlight and walk down the stairs.

We stand there. Nothing is happening. The air is foggy and smelly.

Suddenly, I feel dizzy. I collapse to the ground.

"Bri?!" Carlos exclaims. I hear a loud thud of him falling to the ground next to me. That's the last thing I'm aware of until I'm unconscious.