Chapter 1: The Game Begins

Since there were only a few Byakuran x Shoichi stories out there I tried writing one myself. Base from the inspirations I got from reading doujinshi's and fanfictions. Very huge thanks for kimium, her stories gave me ideas and inspired me to try writing ByakuSho stories.

And a very big huge thanks for ZareEraz for editing the chapters. A very big fan of her Shanks x Buggy stories of One Piece.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11:50 am. Namimori Shrine

Irie Shoichi was nervous. On the outside he may look composed but on the inside he was doing everything in his power to calm down. As one of the adults present and the main reason why everyone was here in the first place, he should be setting an example by looking and acting level-headed in front of the kids - especially since most of them were starting to look jittery when they're still missing two players. The Rain guardian, Yamamoto Takeshi and Cloud guardian, Hibari Kyoya who still hadn't shown up, making everyone jumpy and anxious.

"What are those two playing at?! This is the final battle!" Ryohei shouted at the top of his lungs as he looked around for their missing comrades.

"They couldn't have decided not to come, could they?" Gianini asked as he looked at the sky in worry. Hearing this, the two people behind him, Kyoko and Haru, became distressed; they didn't know everything about the whole Mafia and future thing until just a few days ago and the absence of Kyoya and Takeshi made their worries worse.

"There's also the possibility that their training wasn't successful" Reborn added seriously, making everyone tense at their current situation.

'Would he force us to forfeit if he finds out that we're still missing two guardians? Will he demand the rings be taken forcefully if they don't show up?' Shoichi thought worriedly, his pounding heart can be felt and heard ringing in his ear as they await their missing teammates.

"It'll be fine! They'll be here any minute! At any rate, not a single member of the Millifiore had shown up yet, so there's no problem" Basil said, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Hmmm...I don't know about that. There are dying will flames approaching and they're incredibly huge" Spanner pointed out as he noticed an alert coming from the laptop in his hands. This revelation shocked nearly everyone present.

"What?" Basil asked.

"And they're closing in fast" Spanner added as he focused his gaze on his laptop, not noticing the darkness looming up above him and everyone else.

"Wha- what the—? Storm clouds?!" Shoichi gasped, as he and everyone else looked incredulously at the sky. The young man felt his heart pumping fast as his stomach started to act up. He felt a gnawing hole open in his chest, one that accompanied a betrayal he wished weren't true. For the years that Shoichi and Byakuran have become acquainted, this is the first time that he has truly felt betrayed by the man he trusted. .

'So you never truly trusted me from the very beginning, huh, Byakuran-san?' Shoichi felt nothing but disappointment as he stared at the huge apparatus floating at the sky just above them. His eyes narrowed hatefully at Byakuran's face as it lit up in the sky hologram, his glare sharpening as the man's voice greeted them.

"I thought I told you to make sure everyone was here. I could disqualify you just for having missing team members, you know?" Byakuran casually reminded them with a cheerful voice and a happy smile.

"They'll be here, just you wait" Tsuna answered confidently with no hesitation in his voice. Hearing this lightened the tension in the air, and everyone turned to look at Tsuna's calm expression. showing no worry or concern about his missing guardians.