Part 2

EP: Are there any soccer skills or parts of the game that you had to work harder at?

JJ: "Yeah, I would say my left foot, it used to be weak. I would only practice with my left foot to make sure it is stronger. That was one I really had to work on."

EP: What would you like to improve about your own performance and what do you think you do really well?

JJ: "I'd still like to improve my finishing - I think it's improved tremendously, but I want that to be almost flawless, I guess. I think I read the game really well. I think my game vision is what makes me a good player, and I'm really competitive and I think that helps me in anything I do because I want to win so bad that I work harder in practice, I work harder in games..."

EP: We saw you at an Earthquakes game - do you go to the games often?

JJ: "I do go to their games - I try to go to the games as much as possible. Sam Garza is actually one of our good friends. He is injured right now - he's on the team. He's so nice - he supports our team, so of course I'm going to support him too, and I enjoy watching him."

EP: Who is your favorite Earthquakes player?

JJ: "I actually have a few - I really like Busch in goal, I think he is a tremendous goalkeeper. He has awesome saves, and is VERY consistent every time we go - I'm huge about consistency in players. He definitely has that... I like Chavez, because I like players who play with emotion and creativity and he does that. Hernandez is one of the best defenders - he's so good. Those are my top three I enjoy watching when I go."

EP: Is there a soccer player that you would like to meet and what would you say to that person?

JJ: "Definitely Christie Rampone - With my role on the U-20 team - it was very similar to hers and she actually wrote a letter to me and the team. It's amazing how little things help younger players - She took her time to do it - I 'm very thankful she did it because it did help a lot, and I would like to meet her to thank her."

EP: A male soccer player?

JJ: "Male soccer player - I am just absolutely obsessed with Barcelona - I watch every one of their games, I would absolutely say Messi because he is the world's best team player and I'm all about that - phenomenal finisher, plays for the team, just a great guy. Some of his quotes...just team first and that's what I love.

EP: What advice would you give to girls my age who are dreaming about playing in college?

JJ: "Always embrace the opportunity. That would be my huge one. If you do the little things when you're younger they become more enjoyable when you get older. (Because you don't have to work on your left foot like me!) Embrace the opportunity, no matter what it is. Look at everything in a positive light - if you're running, enjoy that running, because it will help you out in the game that you love. Embrace the opportunity..."

It was so awesome to be able to meet Julie, she is now playing on the USWNT and is my favorite player.