Volume 1, Chapter One: Separation, Rebirth and a New World

This story is a non profit, fan based fan made fictional story. I own none of these characters, story and plot of their original franchise all intellectual properties and intellectual property rights belong to their respective creators. Please don't sue me, I'm poor.

Darkness. There was nothing but total darkness and nothingness as far as the eye could see. The world itself was a void of pitch black. Every area, every direction, and the entire atmosphere is enveloped in a bitter cold. And the deafening silence reverberated across this space. A man discovered himself floating in the utter nothingness, enveloped in the icy cold of...

'Is this death, really?' The man thought to himself, without worry or fear, with nothing else occupying his mind. 'Is this a penalty? My retribution? Has the force abandoned me, condemning me to an endless period of solitude?' The man conjectured. But his theory had no foundation. He who had been foretold as the champion of light, the hero of good, and the one who would restore balance to the force, betrayed his kind and people, subjecting them to an evil tyranny, leaving a trail of blood and destruction in his wake, and serving a dark lord who had carried out the same act of betrayal he had. It was none other than Darth Vader, formerly known as Anakin Skywalker.

"How long ago was that? A day? Two?" Darth Vader thought, his sense of time disturbed, "Or maybe even a week, perhaps even a month. But eventually he discovered himself suddenly engulfed in a warm sensation."

His internal warmth increased in intensity, becoming hotter than ever. Vader was unable to move his body, not even a single flinch or a slight movement of his limbs. 'Argh! Exactly what is this? It stings! Aggh! This pain was greater than even Mustafar's magma!' Vader muttered.

The ex-dark lord of the sith then experienced a brief respite as the pain subsided. But that luxury was short-lived because he experienced new kinds of pain. One that was even more agonizing than the previous one as though... "My body feels like it's being torn apart! Arrgh!" But suddenly, everything vanished as he was engulfed by the surrounding shadows.

Vader opened his eyes after that, as if compelled to emerge from a deep sleep that comes with a nightmare. He opened his eyes, but his vision was distorted by a bright light. He again averted his gaze and then quickly opened his eyes again after adapting to the illumination. But what he discovered greatly surprised him. Apparently there was a sun, a cloud, and some flying birds. He compelled himself to stand up despite his surprise and was astonished to discover that his body could now move.

He began to look to his left and saw soil. He then turned to look to his right and saw more soil. When he turned to look in either direction, he discovered that he was in a crater. It appeared as though a spacecraft had crash-landed nearby. But a noise that he thought was all too familiar interrupted his thoughts.

"Kuuuhhhh, Ker. Kuuuhhh Kerr."

He then turned to look behind him and saw a recognizable but completely unsettling figure. What he saw was a tall figure with a black tablet on its sternum, dressed in all-black, including its cape, gloves, and boots. The figure's face was hidden by an identical-colored mechanical helmet with reddish-gray eye lenses. His breathing was unsettling and robotic.

"Y-You're me? B-but I'm me? H-how? Wait, my voice?!" the man stammered. He inspected himself, looking first at his hands to his arms. He patted his chest and stomach, looked at his feet and finally touched his face. "I-I'm healed. But how?" he blurted out, his old injuries and cybernetics absent from his person.

"Your reaction is just as valid as mine." The other man in black interjected, interrupting the other man's thought process, "I myself am not aware of what to make of this situation." The man in black said, "I believe we need not introduce ourselves to each other, Skywalker."