chapter 2~ what are friends for

Me and Maddie decide to go to the front of the school where we could be alone, we didn't want to be inturupted by the other kids in the playground and I just didn't feel like socializing today, except with Maddie. See she is the kind of person that no one could get tired of, no matter what happened she was always the first person I would go to for help advice or just to talk about random crap. Our privacy in the front of the school was cut short when I heard an unfamiliar voice.

"Hey there!" I turn around to see a tall, blonde haired, blue eyed boy standing in front of me. "Um, hi? Can I help you?" I said. "Nope! Just wanted to say hi! My name is Michael. I'm new around here." Oh cool! My name is Desiree and this is my friend Maddie. Nice too meet ya! "Nice too meet you too babe!" Omg. Did he just call me babe? Jesus I just met the guy a second ago and he is already giving me nicknames! Not that I minded... It sounded cute coming from him... Wait what am I saying! I can't just fall in love with a guy I just met!... Can I? Ugh get that thought out of your head des! He's the cute new guy. We all know what happens to cute new guys. They get swarmed with girls the first day, guys the next, and before you know it he is quarterback and has girls hanging off of him like vines. That's how it always went, and I was left alone in the corner with no chance of ever even talking to them.
Uhm, so where did you move from? I said, still flustered by his last remark. "I moved from Manitoba, my father got a job, so I packed up and moved here!" That's awesome! "so Desiree, what school do you go to?" He said leaning back on his skateboard he had in his hands. I go to James K Louis, it's just down the street. "hey! I'm going there this September!" I knew that. But still I acted surprised. Wow! Do you know what home room your in yet?? "Ya" he said... "10 2 if I'm correct" that's my home room! Suddenly his phone buzzed, he looked down at it and nodded, then looked up to me and Maddie and said
" I gotta go, But it was great meeting you! I look forward to seeing you in school! Oh and. Um, do you think I could ask you one more question?" Ya sure, I said, almost disappointed that he was leaving. "Could you direct me to the nearest gas station?" I rolled my eyes smiling. "Go all the way up to the end of chandler, then take a right onto Sunnyvale, the gas n go is right across the street." "Thanks" he said, before dropping his skate board and driving away. "What was that" said Maddie. What?! "You were totally Googly eyes over him. Was not! He's just... Nice. All the other guys we go to school with are fuckboys. I said. "True" Maddie said while laughing. "C'mon let's go get some ice cream, and don't think this is the last time we talk about this!"we picked up our stuff and left the school.

Uugh I'm so sorry this chapter really sucks! I didn't know what to write, but I promise there will be a lot of surprises in the next chapter to keep reading! Thank you so much for all the reads and votes, this is my first book and it means a lot! ~madeline