CHAPTER FIVE

As we were headed towards the limo for the concert, I ran up and hugged Taylor. "Oh my gosh! Did you decide to come?" Athena implored, keeping a steady pace with her. "No, they took me," Taylor looked like she was about to burst into tears. "I miss my family. And Micheal and Ostin."
Athena nodded, a somber look on her face. "They took me as well. It was horrible, and I hope my dad is okay. I mean, he's so worrisome about me, and then me disappearing without a trace. He probably had a stroke at the thought of losing me." Taylor smiled.

They pulled up to the concert. After filing in, they all took their seats and waited for her to begin. Her openers were okay, but Athena was excited to hear her actually. When she started singing, Hatch whispered something to Taylor a couple of songs in, and oddly, Carrie stopped. She had a voice crack and her voice went haywire. She joked a little with the audience and continued again. Then Hatch whispered to her, "Make another Carrie out of lightning to confuse her." She complied, having remembered Tara told her not to disagree with him.

Fists clenched together, she created a lightning orb, then molded it to look exactly like Carrie made out of electricity, and manipulated it to move to the stage and start singing, except it sounded horrible. Carrie stopped and stared at the thing. Electric Carrie stared back. Then it vaporized into ash. She shrugged and kept singing.
**
Afterwards, Athena had felt a little discouraged because she had to mess up Carrie's performance. I mean, it wasn't as bad as Taylor's, but still.
That night sleep was refusing to come. She twisted and turned all night, trying to close her eyes and sleep, but nothing worked. She counted sheep, counted to 100, sang herself lullabies, did exercise to make her tired; no results. The restlessness and guilt had driven her wide awake. By the time of around dawn, she was still awake and dreary. Grumbling, she looked at the alarm.
"4:00. I can sleep for another two and a half hours." She finally closed her eyes and drifted into slumber.