CHAPTER 27

Umupo ako ng maayos at tumingin sa kama ni Almira. She's sleeping for almost 3 hours now. It's already 5 PM at 20 minutes nalang 6 PM na. She slept well.

I smiled as I looked at her. She's really adorable. I haven't felt this way before, but I want to risk everything just to protect her. Though at first, I hate the fact that I'm going to be a protector of someone, but knowing she's the one I'm going to protect make me swallow my own words.

She's like something special for me. She's like a sister. An old friend. It's untold. Unknown feelings that is trying to be known.

“I am so sorry for being rude to you. I just can't be a good person, you know, I'm used to be a rude to everyone.” I chuckled. “And thank you. . . for not leaving me behind.” I said, I hold her hand gently. Well, I don't have to be sweet, but she's sleeping anyway. She can't feel and see what I am doing.

Biglang tumunog ang pintuan na parang bubukas kaya agad kong kinuha ang kamay ko at disenteng nakatingin kay Almira.

When the person arrived, I saw it was her mother. And guess what, I don't know her name.

She smiled at me while walking towards her daughter. I couldn't stop thinking Almira while looking at her. Her mother is just like her. They're really the same. They shine beautifully and pure hearted as I've expected.

Her shadow don't react anything. What she act, and say is genuine just like Almira. They are amazing. Oh, Almira's shadow doesn't talk in the first place, that's why I concluded she has no inner motive every time she says something.

“Allyiah, right?” she asked and I nodded. Can't talk with her mother, I'm a bit scared of her aura. She's not actually scary but there's a part of me feels intimidated and I don't know why.

“Thank you for coming and saving my daughter. I didn't expect. . . She'll met two people who's willing to protect her.” she said, her eyes went teary kaya umiwas siya ng tingin at ngumiti sa anak niya.

“No problem.” I responded. I saw her smiled widely and later on, her tears dropped from her eyes without her noticing it.

“She's my last treasure and I can't afford losing her like that. I might be selfish. . . but I hate her saving others in the future.” she said, madiin ang pagkasabi niya kaya gulat akong tumingin sa kanya na seryoso lang nakatingin sa anak niyang natutulog.

“I guess, we have to talk outside. My husband is waiting for you there.” she turned her back at me. She didn't even look at me while wiping her tears. Ah. . . I get it. She noticed she cried that's why.

I don't care of anyone would cry in front of me. But the thing is, what she have said earlier, "saving others in the future" huh? Another surprising joke.

“Dammit, Mhera! Crying with anyone is a sign of weakness!!!” nagulantang ako nang bigla kong marinig ang sigaw ang anino niya habang siya seryoso lang naglalakad palabas ng kwarto. Bigla naman akong napatawa dahil sa reaksiyon ng anino niya at reaksiyon niya sa realidad.

Just really cute.

Sumunod na lang din ako at lumabas na. But before I go outside, I make sure na sinara ko muna bintana dito. It's already 6 PM. And I'm hungry, for real.

Nang makalabas ako sa kwarto, mas lalo akong nagutom dahil sa mabangong amoy ng pagkain na nanggagaling sa kusina.

I walk down stairs and sit in the sofa, carelessly.

“Hey, Allyiah. Care to help me preparing plates?” agad akong napatayo nang biglang may nagsalita sa likuran ko. Paglingon ko, it's her father.

“Yes, Sir.” I said and smiled. How fake, Allyiah.