Lullaby (Chp. 14)

~-~-~-~-~-~

(Hiro POV)

I couldn't deal with this.

How did she expect me to react? After nearly 12 years she just.. just drops that.

I didn't have the time for this, not while Callaghan was still roaming free.

"Your blood pressure is elevated. You appear to be distressed." Baymax says from behind me.

"I'm fine." I mutter, ripping the data cable from Baymax's helmet and shoving it back on the bot's head. "There, is it working?"

"My sensor is operational."

"Good." I push my finger down on Baymax's chip port. And it doesn't open. So I do it again. and again.

"Are you going to remove my health care chip?" Baymax asks.

"Yes!" I  try prying open the port with my fingers. "Open!"

"My purpose is to heal the sick and injured." I was growing aggravated and restless.

"Baymax, open your access port."

"Do you want me to terminate Professor Callaghan?"

"JUST OPEN." I snap, prying off Baymax's armor.

"Will terminating Professor Callaghan improve you emotional state?"

"YES!" Well... "Ugh. No. Uh. I DONT KNOW, just open your access port!"

"Is this what Tadashi wanted?" And that was it.

I couldn't take it anymore.

"TADASHI'S GONE." I slam my fists down onto the robot. And everything sinks in. I tried to kill someone. I betrayed my friends. I just broke Mana's heart.

Nothing could fix it. Not even the death of Callaghan. Not even Tadashi.

"Tadashi's...gone..."

And it's real again.

"Tadashi is here."

"No. He's not here."

"Tadashi is here." Baymax insists, and then suddenly a light in my eyes has me lifting my head up from it's shameful position. And Tadashi is visible on a screen in Baymax's chest. My brother. There.

"This is Tadashi Hamada. And this is the first test of my robotics project." My brother. On the screen, testing Baymax. And he fails. And he fails again. And again.

And then something is different. He's exhausted. It's late at night. He has scruff growing. He doesn't turn Baymax on this time because someone else comes into the lab.

"This is the 33rd test of my robotics pro-"

"Tadashi." A weak voice is heard.

"Manami?" He places down the cue card and watches as the purple haired girl slumps down into his computer chair. She had tears in her bright eyes.

"I'm sorry for coming here so late I just.. I just didn't know where else to go." Tadashi walks over to Mana and kneels down to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"What's wrong, space princess?" Oh god, I hadn't heard him call her that in forever... but I guess... this looked like it was a while ago.

"Hiro and I... well, you know we've been fighting." She wipes her eyes as Tadashi nods. "I can't.. I can't keep going to school, Tadashi. It's too hard." She brings her hands up to cover her face, and I barely hear her voice. "I can't do it. He won't let me see you, he won't let me have other friends, but he won't even look at me." She lets out a heavy sob and my brother lovingly pats her head.