Chapter 21: The Present

Back to present

Ren POV

My previous phone password was the date when all four of us agreed to be Official mates 8 years back.

"And don't forget to add tax" I added as I called tax. Sorry Max umm MYLES.

I hope I didn't disappoint them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, but I've disappointed myself by staying here. I mean what the hell am I doing in their hall sitting like a fool and accepting their hospitality?

They said they wanna clear some things. What things? there is nothing to clear. But I won't run away. Am I in a position to run away? I did nothing wrong. Yeah, I did nothing wrong.

Not my fault that their last night's meeting might have been a disaster. Not my fault that they might have lost their deal because of it. Not my fault that their life is messed up because of me. It is not my fault for being the way I am. Not my fault.

Are you encouraging or demotivating yourself?

I'm not sure.

"Is there anything else you require, Renan?" Allen asked me for the nth time as he kept the bowl on the glass table filled with who knows what. "No, I'm stuffed," I sighed. This guy has been stuffing me with food and telling me that I need to bulk up because apparently, I look like a dying mouse.

"Are you still angry about my remark?" he asked as he bends down in front of me. "Why would I be? I'm not in a position to be angry with you " I hissed as I leaned deeper into the couch. I sighed happily, either because it was extremely comfortable or because I was sleep deprived at this point.

He softly hummed as his hands caressed a few strands of hair on my brow. I jerked away from the contact, which surprised him and caused him to jump slightly as well. But he remained silent and sat on the floor.

I like the position I'm in right now because he makes me feel like a king while he's sitting on the floor like a peasant. I laughed quietly to myself.

"You like it?" he asked, seemingly out of nowhere. I locked my gaze on his amber eyes as he did the same. "Like what?" I asked softly as he got closer and closer to me. "Me," he said softly as he got closer, "huh?" I exclaimed.

He abruptly returned to his original position, "I mean this," he said, waving his hand to himself and me. It took me a moment to figure out what he was talking about, but when I did, I face-palmed myself.

What the hell was I even thinking? how can a burden be ever liked?

"Shut up," I said jokingly as Zen entered the hall. "I believe you were supposed to make him eat, not eat him," he said calmly, despite the fact that he appeared to be well dressed. Allen faked a gasp and protested, "When did I eat him?"

" Yeah, your pheromones say otherwise." This made Allen shut his mouth and he looked sheepishly away rubbing the back of his neck as he got up from the floor.

I should not have listened to their conversation because by now my face was burning and I noticed that I couldn't feel their pheromones. Were they wearing scent blockers for me? So that I don't feel uncomfortable?

Why are you ignoring the fact that you can't scent them and only his mates are able to do it?

Or maybe they did this because they didn't want me to smell their pack as an outsider?