Chapter 3

Since then, Li Susu learned to tolerate the woman's presence. Even though Mo NV returned to her true form, she still her JieJie regardless of their broken ties. Just like she said, the demons didn't approach them due to her devil power when they left the chamber. Susu requested to go the demon palace, hoping to find something more about the All-in-Distress Way. Tantai Jin ordered the guards this morning to let the girls in when they arrived.

"Mohan! Lady Mo NV! this way!"

"Mohan? That's right, I'm engaged to their Devil God now. I'll have to get used to this."

They lead them to the palace hallway.

"I wanted to ask, if you're a drought demon..." Susu wanted to confirm her theory. "Does this mean you & Si Ying are..."

"Yes, she was my dear little sister. I volunteered to go to her stand to protect her when she was a child. But now, all my efforts have gone to waste." Mo NV voiced her regret.

"What happened to her? & Jing Mie?"

Silence came as the devil stood still before facing her.

"...They were killed." She said it in a bitter tone. "Devoured by the very same god they gave their loyalty to. & then...thrown them out like garbage."

Susu recognized that voice of anger in that last line.

"I failed to stop Si Ying from making the same mistake as Ye BingChang. I despised the lordship & Di Mian for using her like that. But I chose to follow the new Devil God for her sake."

"Jie..."

"Shut up~!! Save your sympathies. I already know how much I'm a failure to all of you as the eldest sister. So...Shut up. "

Since then, both women resumed their walk-in silence.

The guards finally showed them the doors at the end of the hall.

"Mojun is waiting for you inside. Lady Mo NV, please wait with us, he requested only Mohan presence."

~~~~

Tantai Jin sat on his mat with his eyes closed, meditating on the devil energy in his body he absorbed. He no longer felt his predecessor in him but feared he could still be out there, planning to regain control of the All-in-Distress way. With the 3 devil weapons chosen him as their new master, he can harness their powers, strengthening his existence to the path for the next phase of his plans.

"Mojun. Mohan is here."

"...Let her in."

The doors opened and the most beautiful immortal appeared before him. Tantai Jin opened his eyes & saw she was still radiant and pure as ever. The haunted memory of the Devil God took control of his body and made him choked Susu flashed in his mind. Tantai Jin quickly regained his emotionless self so that she wouldn't read his expressions.

"You're looking well."

"I have questions to ask."

"I wonder what they are?" Tantai Jin asked sarcastically, "Your reunion with the sister who once despised you? You're trapped in this realm with no way out? Or is it I forced you into our upcoming marriage once more?"

"...Neither." Lady Spirituality answered calmly as she stepped forward towards him. Tantai Jin raised his head, looking at her bright determined eyes that drew him in like they always had.

"At the throne, was it him who was controlling you?"

Tantai Jin was caught off guard seeing she figured it out. He sat up, took her chin between his fingers, and pulled her face closer to his.

"What made you think that..."

"I saw fear in your eyes before I lost consciousness. After I woke up in your chamber, I knew I was right."

Tantai Jin couldn't help but admired her perspective. After what she went through, his Susu still firmly believed in him. The only one who kept him from falling into darkness.

"The god whom you feared turned out to be an empty shelled being. The fetus who he sought to take over beat him at his own game. Now, I'm in control of his powers and the demon realm."

He waited for her responses after his revelations.

~~~~

Li Susu noticed his façade being dropped and had to act quickly.

"Jie told me what happened to Uncle Zhaoyou."

"& you believe her?"

"You wouldn't harm those who cared for you without reason. Uncle Zhaoyou was like a father to you. If what Jie said is true, I know uncle would rather die than turn into a devil."

"...Even if that's true, who'd believe me. Everyone saw me killed him."

" I do. Since we're engaged, I promised I won't run or leave your side this time. I'll stop you from whatever you're plotting."

Finally, Susu saw something in Tantai Jin's red eyes. She once feared those very eyes who would kill instantly. Now, they showed the broken man beneath them. Alone & scared on the path he was forced into. Tantai Jin drew his hand away, put it behind her neck and pulled her towards his lips. The kiss was unexpected and took her by surprise until she gave in. She felt its intensity as he slowly moved both hands onto her back. Susu noticed Tantai Jin's eye shined brightly as he pulled back then traced his kisses back on her lips to her jaw then her neck. A sudden pain burned where his lips touched as he withdrew himself with a devious smile.

"Fine, keep your promises then, or else..."

Susu knew he meant it as he hugged her tight, showing his threat was real.