Emergency rescue *chapter 7*

"I would have thrown my duck plushie into your room if Reece hadn't held me back," Adair says grumpily once Ambrose and Leto get down the stairs. from the kitchen, you can hear Merle making blueberry, chocolate, and strawberry pancakes. "Bet you guys had a good rest though, I even turned off the alarm, the thing gets kinda annoying anyway," (guess ya didn't turn it off properly then) Merle said from the kitchen, even though Ambrose couldn't see her, he had a feeling she tried to keep herself from cursing out the alarm clock because the twins constantly yell at her to put a quarter in the swear word jar on the window sill whenever she would. 

"Who is this guy anyway? just randomly shows up, no introduction or anything?" Adair questions while pointing a fork at Leto. "We met yesterday at the creek while I was babysitting for one of the villager's kids," Ambrose explains "And before you ask why he's in our house, it turns out Ambrose fell asleep at the shrines last night, and Leto very kindly brought him home," Merle says bring out a big plate full of pancakes of all shapes, the strawberry pancakes were cows, ducks, and giraffes, blueberry pancakes of the shapes of cats, cute little snakes, and butterflies, while chocolate pancakes were dogs, doves, and dragons. the twins immediately start filling their plates with at least one of each flavor of pancakes as if someone was going to take them all before they could get a chance. 

"okay just don't hurt our brother or I will hit you with a basket of carrots." Reece threatened with his mouth stuffed with pancakes. "You got it." Leto saluted with mild concern and was also slightly intimidated. 

After eating Leto had offered to help with whatever the siblings had to do that day, Ambrose was saying he didn't have to but hey Leto wanted to help, especially after learning Ambrose overworks himself way too much. But Ambrose realized something, "How long has Dad been gone?" Ambrose mutters worriedly to himself "What's wrong?" Leto asked seeing Ambrose's concern "This is the third day Dad has been gone on a trip." Ambrose suddenly jolts into a run to his older sister at the blacksmith. "Dad's been gone for three days!" the panic in Merle's eyes comes in quickly time "Let's go get the twins from Josey's farm and mom from the cathedral and we can all head to the sheriff" Merle tried to sound as calm as possible but it shows shes worried sick for her father "Wait.!" Leto says running "you're very fast. hang on let me just. catch my breath here," he says between breaths. 

"Let me come with you, I want to help." He says once he can breathe properly. " your might need all the help you can get, we all know, past the city grounds there are all sorts of creatures out there." The blacksmith says as he hands Merle a scabbard (the thing that holds a sword) with a sword inside that was on a shelf waiting to be used, It has Merle's initial on the scabbard  M'A, which Merle put around her waist, and adjusts it accordingly. Ambrose then grabs a bow and a quiver (a container that holds arrows or bullets) full of sharply made arrows, the bow also has an initial on it, A'A, Ambrose then puts the quiver on his back. "wait you guys have weapons?" Leto exclaimed. "Yep, Pantoran here taught me how to make swords when I started helping with the blacksmithing stuff, I even made the twins' weapons for their 13th birthday just a few months ago. However when Ambrose was what, eight? He made himself a bow all on his own and our dad helped him make some adjustments." Merle's sword had a nice swirl for the handle and a classic blade with a single gem near the handle, the gem was a shiny emerald in great condition. While Ambrose's bow was made out of wood and a flexible but very strong string with tiny deer antlers on the ends along with a blue feather on either side, when Ambrose made his bow when it was spring and a lot of animals had been shedding their old feathers and even getting new antlers after discarding the old ones in the late fall, which is how he found the antlers and feathers. the twins have matching spears just slightly different from one another the head of the spear has the head of an axe, Reece has a snowflake look to the head of the spear while Adair has flames. "Right well no time to waste let's get the twins' weapons from the house and we can go get them afterward," Merle confirmed with the group, and with that, they head to their home.

oh no, a cliffhanger :/

Authors not: I'm sorry about the cliffhanger chapter was getting long (bad excuse I know) but I will get the next chapter out as soon as possible (I'm prob just gonna start that chapter after posting this one and then post the next chapter after an hour after I'm done)

 (it takes me an hour to write a chapter so just when I'm done)   

have a good day/night I'm proud of you all 

also, Ambrose's last name is Axton as to the A initial

:)