Chapter 1

..

After recent Events, Lizzie turned heretic, Hope's humanity returned but sadly her family returned back to their town, Landon and Alaric came back and fortunately no monsters did ; including Malivore himself.

Cleo and Kaleb were sticking together, Lizzie decided to split herself up from both MG and Ethan, Hope and Landon were spending safe time alone in her room and today.. 30th October was the day Josie Saltzman and Penelope Parker were returning.

|| Getting cold and a bit dark outside ||

Alaric had rushed down the stairs and ignored the students waving for him as he peeked outside the door as if he was worried about something. Fortunately, nothing was there except Hope, standing behind him with her arms crossed. As he goes to turn, he flintches at her presence and pats his hand on his chest, chuckling the embarrassment away.

"Hope!" He let's out, "did not see you there.." She rolls her eyes at his overworrying as it makes her sick. She's afraid everyone at her school would look at her differently as they did with Josie Saltzman after dark magic.

"What are you looking for?" She asks as she takes his place at the door and looks outside it.

"I was just making sure there were no monsters around this place anymore."

Hope scoffs and walks past him to her old spot and turns to look at him again, her arms saying crossed in their place. "Well knowing our luck, you've pretty much just jinxed our victory. So..." She tilted her head for a second and looked away from him.

"I lied, I was making sure Josie isn't here yet." He responds as he puts his hands in his pockets and tenses his arms.

"Wasn't she meant to be here in like.. 4 hours?"

"Hey, I'm gettin' old. Don't tease my worries kiddo."

|| Raining ||

Josie waits at the bus stop on her phone, messaging Lizzie non stop until a call comes through her phone. She starts to look confused when she sees that it says 'unknown number', but decides to answer it anyway.
She puts the phone to her ear and ends up being the first to talk.

"Hello..?" She mumbles. She heard a small forced 'hm' at the end of the other line like the other person was smiling.

"Hey Jo," coming from the other line. Josie's face stays the same as she realises. She knows that seductive voice tone anywhere.

"Penelope." She says loudly.. "How did you get my number?" She continues.

"I never deleted it. And you never blocked me." She points out. Before Josie could reply to this, Penelope continues to point things out.. "Well clearly that says something." She says, deeper.
Penelope could hear Josie's sigh on the other end of the phone, "Whats up with you?" She asks.

Josie brings her face to her hand and rubs her eyes, bringing her head back against the wood behind her. "This flirting can't continue Penelope." She says quietly.

"Ouch, just being myself baby, anyway I called to tell you I'm coming back to the school."

All of a sudden Josie lifts her head back up, her mouth dropped. "Wait what? When?!" She could feel a smile in her question but it rubs off quickly as the could hear her bus approaching the stop.

"Later today, ah shit I think I just missed my bus actually. Crap, yeah I did."

The bus stops in front of Josie as she gets on it and pays as she talks, "What stop are you at?"

"The one you just escaped me from."

Josie lifts her head up and quickly runs to one of the seats to look through the window. Far down the bushy hills, Penelope stands there in the rain, staring with a clear smile.

||Night Time - Weak Rain||

Josie unlocks the door to the Salvatore School and finds herself being fanned with a wind of heat, instantly protecting her from the coldness she had just walked through. Everyone is either in bed or having a secret party so she helps herself to drag her suitcase inside and loo,d towards the fireplace.

The aesthetic is warm orange with all the lamps switched on and the fireplace ready for her. She sighs in relief and leaves her suitcase by the door as she walks over to the fireplace and sits down on the replaced single chair, warming her hands up and going into deep thought about Penelope's return to the school.

Before she could think any longer then the three minutes she had been shivering at the fireplace for, she feels a hand press against her shoulder. She flintches at the surprise and  turns her head.

"Chill, it's just me," Penelope assures her and takes her hand off the brunettes shoulder, sitting on the sofa and leaning over the arm chair.

"I thought you missed your bus," Josie scoffs.

"What, you think I can't magic my way into the school? After seeing you on that bus being driven away from me I just thought... fuck it. I am literally a witch."

Josie giggles at this, "how'd you know I was coming back?"

"Oh I didn't, this was just a coincidence. And I knew you left to because for some reason your sister had the urge to leave me a very... Nice message," She says as she pulls out her phone and looks for a certain something. "A-hah," She holds her phone out for Josie to take and she does.

"This is Elizibeth. Just so you know, Josie left the school and has a girlfriend. In fact, she has had loads since you left. First was Jade, Cleo then Hope, Katie, Perry, Malins, Romy, Tabiha, and now she's dating this really hot chick named Finch. You my friend were only holding her back. So don't try any stunts if your witchy ass ever comes back. Exclamation Mark, exclamation Mark, exclamation Mark..." Josie sighs.

"Yep."

"Okay, she is overexaturating. Half of those names she made up... me and Hope have never dated and I'm pretty sure we never will. Cleo's just a friend and Jade was only a kiss." She rolls her eyes as she reaches the phone back over to Penelope.

"Oh I realised, not because your a loner but because she put Katie and Perry next to each other." She assures.

"Oh, wow! Totally did not take any offence into that." She says sarcastically as Penelope just does her usual seductive smirk.

Suddenly there's footsteps coming from the stairs and they both look behind.

..