Remembrance & forgetfulness

"Remembering is not the opposite of forgetting"

She opened her mouth so this obviously paradox filled sentence can escape her perfect set of African given lips. She says things like this sometimes, things that astonish you with their simplicity & send you marveling upon their unknown un-felt depth.

The microwave beeps startle her making her drop the cell phone which in turn gives her a mini heart attack & the voice of Haneen over the seemingly intact phone laying on the wooden kitchen floor. "Ghada you keep saying these poetic lines, how am I suppose to make anything out of your nonsensical gibberish?" Haneen's voice continues to come out of the phone. Ghada after escaping the grasp of that mini heart attack quickly picks up the phone "Sorry Haneen! You know that they escape my mouth at their own will, anyways it's not the end of the world, here I kind of have my hands full right now. How about I call you later? We can calmly discuss your teenage life crisis. I promise." Haneen let's out a surrendering sigh, Ghada can imagine her running her hands along the length of her beautiful black hair, she smiles remembering her best friend with vividness. "alright Ghada, I'll be waiting. if you're too late I might as well just slit my wrists" Haneen finishes her sentence with a little chuckle. Ghada laughs a little and tells Haneen that she loves her. They say Their temporary goodbyes.