⬽thirteen⤘

"which one is it again?" I ask as I almost skip down the hallway.

"One o seven" Colby replies.

I giggle as I watch him carry both of our suitcases. Leo meowed from his carrier as I held it in my free hand. I began to watch the numbers on the outside of the doors come closer and closer.

104...

105...

106...

107

"Right here" I exclaim as I stood Infront of the door.

"Open it" he smiles

I place the key in the key hole and twist it. I open the door and immediately gasped.

"I had it furnished for us" Colby says as he stands behind me.

"Colby this is literally perfect" I smile and step inside.

"There's a surprise for you here"

I set the kennel on the counter and let Leo out.

"Please show me" I say excitedly.

He takes my hand and leads me down a hallway.

"Close your eyes" he smiles

I sigh and cover my eyes with my hands.

I hear the door open and feel his hand on the small of my back. He pushes me forward and speaks.

"Open them"

I remove my hand and look at the room displayed Infront of me. The walls were covered in tapestries, like the ones at my old apartment. There was a couch with cute mandala pillows. A desk sat in the corner with shelves upon shelves full of different herbs and crystals. The room was dimly lit my salt lamps and sun lamps.

"Colby.." I whine.

"Make sure you take a really good look" he chuckles.

I turn around to him and see him recording me.

"Oh no you're going to make me cry" I giggle.

I step further into the room and notice in the corner perched on a small table was an altar for my father.

I covered my mouth as I fell to the ground on my knees. I felt Colby's hand on my shoulder and I immediately reached up to touch it.

"I lost my original altar in the fire, how?- when?- did you do this?" I ask, looking up at him teary eyed.

"Your mother and sister came and fixed it up for you" he smiles, his eyes starting to water also.

"Colby you're too kind" I smile as tears come down my cheeks.

I stand back up and abruptly hug him. I rest my head on his shoulder as he wraps his free hand around me.

"You have a cluster of white lashes and like a singular one" he mentions

"I know" I giggle and look up at him.

He sets the camera down and wraps his other arm around me.

He looks down at me with his contagious smile.

"Here, no one can hurt you" he promised as he wipes a tear from my cheek.

He placed a kiss on my forehead, my eyes fluttering shut and resting my head on his chest. He rested his head on mine and we just stayed like that.

"Can we dance?" He asks

"Dance?" I ask

"I can put on some music or we can just dance in silence" he chuckles.

"I have a song for you" I say, bubbly "do you have your phone?"

He pulls it out of his pocket and I unlock it, quickly navigating to YouTube.

I out on 'hey lover' by the daughters of eve.

"This is very happy go lucky, I like it" he chuckles and nods.

"Have you ever heard of soul dancing?" I ask

He shakes his head.

"Just feel the music" I smile before I start dancing. "Express the music through your body"

I watch him just start spinning in circles.

"Colby, Colby, mi amor" I giggle and grab his hands "feel the music through me, sweetheart"

I lock my hands with his and he began smiling stupidly.

"You're more majestic than me" he chuckles.

I begin to sing along with the song.

"Just give me... True love and understanding"

"True love and understanding?" He asks

"For the rest of my dayyys" I continue "where you don't have to worry"

He spins me around and pulls me close to him, our faces inches apart.

"But if you really really love me, in my heart you'd be a big man"

In the split second I wasn't singing he pushed his lips against mine as the song ran on in the background.

His hands gripped my waist pulling me impossibly closer to him.

"I love you" he says as he presses his forehead against mine.

"I love you more" I say before I place a peck on his lips.