ELEVEN

This one might be extra triggering, so for chapters like this look out for the double emoji x

‼️‼️
River

"River?" Brocks voice calls from the other side of the door; and I'm reminded of why I'm here.
Aside from having a bit of a stiff neck, most of the pain I felt earlier has gone; but my head is still pulsing with the intrusion of Patience's ordeal.
Finally leaving the bathroom I find the two brothers and a handsome stranger waiting for me. The Gods really are generous with the looks when it comes to Lycans!

"River, this is Silas" Brock announces as the stranger steps forward with his hand extended.
"I'm River again?" I ask over to him before taking Silas's hand, when he nods I breathe a sigh of relief before shaking off the glamor to reveal my true self. Blake and Silas look lost for words.
"Wow!" Silas smiles not letting go of my hand, his eyes focus on me in fascination. From the purple shade of my hair and eyes and back to the biggest tell of all, my ears that swoop up into a point "You're so.."
"Taken" I smile "By your Beta" he drops my hand quickly
"Oh I uh, well.. I'm sort of.. you know.."
"I know I'm just screwing with you! You're Blake's mate" it's so refreshing to be looked at with awe instead of hatred or greed.
During the fall of mankind many who knew about us tried to enslave us, they wanted our magic to give them influence and guarantee their safety. None of that has changed, even hundreds of years later.

"I hate to be that guy but, what the fuck happened downstairs, you said Ma was killed" I get the sneaking suspicion he is that guy and he does in fact like being that guy.
"I think you should all take a seat" after some encouragement they do. "As you've probably guessed by now, I'm a Fae"
Blake scoffs "Yeah, not just any Fae either, aren't you like a Queen?"
Silas jumps in "Babe they don't have Queen's, she's the one they call Mother. She's the Chieftain. The Head of Court" I'm a little surprised this one knows about me and the way that he talks about me makes me feel all floaty inside - I like this guy!
"Is it true you dabbled in dark magic once?"
Floaty feeling gone.

Brock jumps in "Silas!. River you don't have to answer that, please just tell us what you saw" he glares over at Silas who shrinks back in his chair.
Ok here goes...
"When I looked into your mother's final moments, she showed me..

several hours ago

I feel sick. Angry. Scared. Helpless.
"Answer your damn phone!" how many more plea's can I send to the Gods?. That child of mine, for once he's getting some rest - at the one time I desperately need to speak to him. The mind link is shut down because of his deep slumber and his fucking phone rings and rings.
Since when does this man not have voicemail?!
And for some reason Axel isn't answering either.. should I be worried?
"Damn it Brock, answer your mother when she calls you!"
I could go to Blake, I know he'd listen to me - especially about this; but my calls to him have also gone unanswered. I know that at this time of night he's working himself to exhaustion in the gym. That's it. I'll go to the-

"Trouble sleeping Sweet P?" the threatening bass makes me freeze in place
"What are you doing here?" that's it don't let him know you're afraid
He takes slow casual steps towards me "I saw your light on, thought I'd come check on you.." glancing at the decor as if he's interested "..make sure you're ok"
Bullshit. He's never cared about my welfare before. Not through the centuries of marriage and definitely not since our divorce or his banishment from the Valley.

"I'm just great" liar "Now you better return to your wing. You shouldn't be in the Royal quarters" the flash in his eyes warns me to be quiet but I won't. I'm not his punch bag anymore, he doesn't have power over me. He's a rogue, an exile, a nobody to this family and Kingdom. I'm Mother Luna. That means something. I mean something!.
"I suggest you move quickly. Prince Blake wont think twice about throwing you in a cell, rogue" (I might be enjoying the rogue thing a little too much but he deserves it!)
That darkness flashes again "That man-loving runt can try; and the little bitch occupying MY throne is no more a threat to me than you are"
Fire rolls in my chest "Brock is Moon chosen. The Throne is rightfully his because the Gods' knew he was more Kingly than the disgrace that sat it before him" my confidence finally giving me what I need to stand up to this piece of shit, I continue "And as for Blake, that man-loving runt is one thousand times the Lycan you could ever be" straightening my back I pull my phone from my robe pocket and try dialing Blake again, this time the call connects and begins to ring. "In fact. Stay. I'd love nothing more than to watch my baby boy pry your head from your disgusting rogue neck"
Finally I hear the call click and Blake's annoyed grunt "Yeah?"
"Blake I need y-"
It all happened so fast.