Stockholm Syndrome

"I'm going to open your blindfold, do not try to be smart if you value your life."

Louis stood in front of his victim, who knelt with his hands tied behind him and his eyes covered with a black blindfold. Louis reached behind his head and let loose the knot.

He had bright green eyes.

The boy blinked curiously at the sudden harsh light when the darkness faded away. His eyes slowly found the only man in his sight.

"Ooh," he hooted, running his eyes up and down, impressed by the sight in front of him, "you're not half as bad looking."

What was wrong with this guy?

Louis' face scrunched into an expression of disgust. What now? This is not what he was expecting. He had expected the guy to start screaming the moment his consciousness was handed back to him. Panic, lose his mind, scramble, struggle to free himself of the constraints, cry. Plead for mercy. Louis had expected the guy to be submissive and gullible, do as he says. So that he could easily coax money from his relations and be done with his job.

Seeing a goodly face with not a speck of worry was something that unnerved Louis. Because now what? How is he supposed to be merciful to someone who doesn't want mercy? Louis looked at the boy looking him up and down with a smirk and felt incredibly uncomfortable. He coughed and fixed his shirt. He was not supposed to be uncomfortable, he was literally the one in power.

"Um, what-"

"Are you doing this for the first time?" the guy asked easily. "Can I sit down?" he asked next, sitting down comfortably on the floor, his hands still tied to the back. He crossed his legs and looked at Louis good-naturedly. "I know you put me in that position for some reason but it was a little uncomfortable, you know? I'll get back there if I have to."

Was this guy alright?

Louis was a little terrified of his sheer confidence, "do you realize you've been kidnapped?" he asked slowly.

"I can tell," he nodded, "It'd be a shame if you lived in this small, one-room thingy with holes in the ceiling. Not to mention the bare broken brick walls and the absence of proper flooring. Personally, the thing that bothers me the most is the lack of light. I wouldn't choose this place even for a kidnapping," he nodded again in disapproval. Then suddenly his expression changed, and his eyes widened, "only if you don't live here! I don't mean to offend you."

Louis did not live there. "I've kidnapped you!" he said incredulously, in case the boy possibly missed the point the first time around.

"I know!"

"Aren't you worried?"

The boy looked around again, "Not really, doesn't seem much of a set-up for anything dangerous, "or wait, is this some kind of sex thing?"

"No!" Louis exclaimed. "You pretty boys think the world revolves around them."

"So you think I'm pretty?"

Louis turned away. A little flustered. He's going to be the first person on the list of the worst criminals ever. "Shut up."

"Rude."

"I said shut up!"

" Goodness , alright, I'll shut up. Was just trying to make conversation," the guy said, "doesn't look like you've got much experience in that."

Did this boy just tell Louis that he had no friends? Louis turned right at him, looking at him surprised despite himself.

Louis sighed, unsure of what to do next. Did all kidnappees behave like this? Now, Louis had never done anything like this. He didn't have any concrete expectations based on previous experiences. What he did know was all criminals and kidnappers were people with stone-cold hearts and a lack of the most basic empathy. Louis was a normal guy, living a seemingly normal life until now. He wasn't sure what to expect but he didn't think himself insane if he expected something different than this.