Bloom

TW: BLOOD , MENTIONS OF NEEDLES .

"You must retreat this chaos emerald, it is very much needed, ASAP." The G.U.N Commander stated, pacing around the room as he looked at the two hedgehogs.
Shadow stood, crossing his arms as he watched the Commander, Sonic rubbed his nose.
"So we just have to run around in one of Eggmans old bases and find the emerald? Piece of cake."
Sonic smirked, placing his hands on his hips confidently.
"Hm. It sounds too easy to succeed." Shadow thought loudly, facing Sonic. "I don't think it would be a piece of cake, you know the Doctor and his security—" Shadow was then Interrupted by the blue hedgehog.
"Ah-Ah! Yeah sure but c'mon, why would Eggman want to protect his old bases? I mean.. if he knew the emerald was there he would've already taken it or somethin'." Sonic exclaimed, pointing his finger up the ceiling proudly. "Commander?"
The dark hedgehog sighed, turning his gaze to the Commander, he nodded. "The helicopter will be awaiting you two, good luck." After that, Shadow and Sonic walked up the stairs to the roof.

"Soo, what's up?" Sonic placed his hands behind his back, slightly turning his gaze towards the hedgehog beside him. "Nothing." Shadow replied in a blunt way. "Oh c'mon, y'know you wanna talk about somethin! Or else this whole things gonna be.. er, awkward y'know? Silence is deafening!" Sonic said, nudging Shadow. The dark hedgehog rolled his eyes, then finally spoke. "Nothing, really. Everything is just.. the same lately, y'know? Missions more missions, I mean that's what I was made for, right? Saving the world and all." He shrugged a bit.

"Nah, you just need to hang out with someone, I mean Rouge is too busy ... being Rouge, and Omega is just charging most of the time. I'd love to hang out with ya! You're actually fun to talk to sometimes, when you're not hiding in your cave." Sonic smiled, opening the door and stepping aside to let Shadow in first.
"Hm, I suppose I have time for that." Shadow smiled, then they both climbed on the Helicopter, looking down as they rose to the sky.

——

"This place is actually quite beautiful, hm? I wonder why Eggman would want to leave this."
Sonic looked around, not watching where he was stepping. "It is beautiful." Shadow too, looked around, then checked his watch. "Anyway, it says here that it might be .. Sonic?" Shadow turned his head, trying to look for the blue blur. "Where did he—" The dark hedgehog stepped in a hole, falling and landing on top of Sonic.
"Ouch!" The blue hedgehog looked up, smirking. "Did ya fall from heaven?" He chuckled to himself, Shadow scoffed, getting up and helping Sonic. "It's quite dark here, isn't it?" Sonic questioned, clicking some buttons on his watch to summon some light.
"The only light besides your watch is the sunlight, I wonder how Eggman settled here." Shadow looked around, then searched around for the emerald.

"Shadow!" Sonic yelled, an echo being made in the cave. "What's wrong?!" The agent arrived to the scene, Sonic was pinned down against the floor by one of Eggmans robots, Shadow kicked it off and helped, again, get Sonic on his feet. "You take the emerald while I take this thing down." Shadow growled, summoning chaos spear to go and stab the robot. Sonic quickly grabbed the emerald from the small hole, spin-dashing towards to Robot.
"Woah!" Sonic picked Shadow off his feet, carrying him bridal style as he gave him the emerald to hold on to while they exited.

"Mission comp-el-ete!" The blue blur bowed, still holding Shadow. Then, Sonic let Shadow go, winking. "So, you still got the emerald?" The blue hedgehog raised an eyebrow. Shadow nodded, taking out the emerald from his quills. "Told ya it was a piece of cake, now we gotta wait for them to pick us up." Sonic sighed, sitting under a palm tree, pulling Shadow to sit beside him.
"We should hang out more, y'know? I mean You're very nice to be around with, you're fast like me but I'm still faster!" Sonic teased. "And you're smart, strong, a great fighter, a good listener, and the dorkiest bookworm I know. But that's one of the many things I like about you." Sonic smiled, leaning his head on the tree, breathing in and out. Shadow felt a fluttering feeling in his chest, like flowers blooming. "Well.. tomorrow? Maybe?" Shadow suggested, checking his watch for anything. "Mhm, I don't think I have anything tomorrow."

——

At Amy's Bakeria !!

"It smells amazing here, doesn't it?" Sonic nudged Shadow as they walked in the bakery, the smell of freshly baked cakes and other pastries hitting them. "Mm." Shadow sniffed.
Amy Rose came in a rush to greet the two hedgehogs, carrying two trays of cakes. "Come on in! I have a table over there in the corner.

"I wonder what Eggmans next scheme would be, what if it's another of his dumb badniks again? Ugh, can't he be original for once?.. but making it less hard and stupid." Sonic chuckled, recalling their past adventures where the world almost ended because of Eggman. "Hopefully it's not soon, I'm too tired." Shadow sighed, pouring himself a cup of coffee, not adding sugar or anything in it, "you're right, but it's sorta fun when he's recking the city." The blue hero snickered.
"Here you go! Enjoy your food." Amy winked at Sonic, giggling at herself. "We also have this new milkshake if you wanna try." Amy then explained, Sonic watched her as she did, almost admiring her. Shadow felt a stinging feeling in his chest, coughing slightly. "Excuse me, I'll be back.. I need to go to the restroom." The hedgehog excused himself, rushing to the bathroom. Sonic gave him a quick thumbs up, his gaze never leaving Amys.

——

Shadow coughed as he gripped the sink, purple blood splattering all over the white and pearly sink. "W-what?.." he continued coughing, petals coming out of his mouth as he did, he covered his mouth to try to keep them in but failed, after he was done coughing up almost all of his blood, he looked up at the mirror. "What. The. Fuck." He sighed deeply, cleaning up his mess. "What is wrong with me?" He questioned to himself, wiping off the purple liquid off the sink, and throwing the petals to the garbage.

——

"Shadow! Man you were there for decades!" He snickered again, their food was already on the table, Shadow sat across from Sonic, getting ready to eat. "Just had a bad stomach, nothing much." He chuckled, coughing a bit, a small purple stain on the corner of his mouth. "You alright? You got some blood on ya!" Sonic reached out and wiped it off with his thumb, he was so close to Shadow, the dark hedgehog can sense his irritating cologne.. why did he need so much anyway?
"Chaos, Sonic.. how much do you put on everyday? It makes my head hurt." Shadow frowned. "You shouldn't be talking! You reek of lavender everyday." Sonic replied, rolling his eyes playfully then grabbing the chili dog in his hands, shoving it in his mouth.
Shadow sipped his coffee, trying to ignore the constant pain in his chest, the feeling of a million needles being shoved into his heart.

YIPPIE! New book.. hopefully won't abandon this one hehe. I hope you enjoyed!
- Hunter !!