Chapter 6: The Something New

Apocalypse by Cigarettes After Sex
***
This becomes our routine for the next few days. I wake up, make breakfast and eat it with Luca. I sew, do laundry, or clean some rooms until 9:30. I make lunch and we drive to the lake house, eating our lunch, shoulder to shoulder, hip to hip. We leave, and I cook dinner with the staff. I eat dinner with Helen and the rest of the staff in the outbuilding.

The outbuilding is big and nice, actually it's pretty modern and pretty. Helen told me it wasn't always like that, I have a feeling it has to do something with Luca's father side of family. I got to meet most of the staff, even some scary looking guys, but I don't get at all close to the men, not a smudge. I don't want to, and it seems like they are repelled of me, I'm glad. I mostly eat with Helen and the girls. I even get to talk a bit with Thana, she is still reserved but jokes around a bit. All of this is really nice but I still can't wait to finish up and go to sleep, ready to wake up and be with Luca.

I get to know some things about him but it's all physical. Like how he furrows his eyebrows a certain way when I'm sharing or explaining a fun fact. Or how his face relaxes, a small smile playing on the corner of his lips, when I'm sharing a funny story. Or how his jawline clenches when he looks at my bare thighs when my dress sometimes ride up a bit. Or how he can't help but look intensely at my lips when I talk. But I'm starting to realize how selfish I am when it comes to him, because I want everything with this man.

On the fifth day, on a Saturday, I find the courage to finally ask what I want. "Luca, do you mind me asking you stuff? I want to know more about you." I ask him. He smiles at me mid his second serving of chicken parmigiana.

"Go ahead, Ms. Pryr. Ask away." I blush at his teasing tone, but it oddly gives me a certain boost of energy.

"What's you favorite meal?" I ask him. He swallows his chicken, and thinks.

"Honestly whatever meal you cook. I mean right now it's this meal, it's so fucking delicious." He tells me, I blush at the vulgar word but the way he talks is so...hot. Yes, he's just so hot. Ivy is rubbing on me, honestly.

"I'm glad. What's your favorite color?" I ask him, he looks at my eyes then at the water. "Blue." A deep warmth feeling
pierces through my body.

"It's warm, enchanting. Inviting really. Almost teasing one to get lost in it. No other color has ever made me feel like so." He finishes. I never really had that type of attachment to a color but I'm envious of the color blue.

"That sounds so beautiful! I think that's pretty cool..."I tell him. I grab the garlic bread and hand one to him, I sit back sideways with my ankles crossing. He mostly sits with one of his legs cross and the other leg half bent up, sometimes he stretches his legs out and just looks over at his mother's lake house, like right now. He tends to really not want to say anything, almost remembering something painful. But I don't want him to do that.

"So! Blue and anything I cook, what's your favorite movie?" I ask him. He looks at me, and unwraps the tinfoil and starts chewing on the bread.

"21 Jump Street." He answers. I search my mind for that movie, I know all the classics, watched them all. I don't think it's a classic drama. Maybe it's a horror film but I'm a horror junkie so it's that that. Is it action? He must see my confusion because he explains to me the synopsis of it.

"It's a comedy cop buddy movie, I like comedy movies. Don't tell anyone that." He tells me and gives me a wink. I blush and look down at my hands, twisting my fingers nervously.

"Oh, I won't! I like horror films, but I never got to watch any raunchy comedy movies." I confess to him. I quickly glance at him then back at my fingers.