The Fallen king

Just then, for the first time, the king felt fear. At that very moment, he began to fall, realizing it was too late to take action as he was already suspended in the air. He struggled, and fought against the wind, waving his hands desperately, but nothing seemed to work. Refusing to accept his fate, he found himself descending lower and lower with each passing second. The experience became a living nightmare, with him denying the inevitable hopelessly. The fall seemed infinite, and the point from which he had fallen grew increasingly distant until it vanished from his sight entirely. Now, all that remained of his former self were memories. Tears welled up in his eyes as he recollected his actions, mistakes, and sins. He realized that he alone was to blame for his downfall. With no hope left in his heart, he closed his eyes for what he believed would be the final time, preparing to fade into darkness. But to his surprise, a tree branch caught him, interrupting his descent. He looked up, confronted with a choice: should he risk it all and attempt to climb again, or give up and continue falling? Time was running out, as the branch began to crack. Without hesitation, he decided to jump and resume his climb. Though his hope may have seemed as dim as a candle's light to others, to him, it shone as brightly as a star, guiding his way. Was he right to take this chance? Did he truly deserve a second opportunity? Tirelessly, he pondered these questions, repeating to himself that trying and failing were far superior to not trying at all. If life had presented him with an opportunity, he vowed not to waste it. Was he foolish, mad, or courageous?