03

january 8, 2022

it's 2 am, everyone's out of the house except obviously the kourys and hoover. and me, but i'm crashing tonight.

everyone else is in their rooms now, i decided to clean up after everyone left so they wouldn't have to deal with the mess in the morning, and i also needed to distract myself from the whole ... thing with weston.

i finished cleaning, and decided to go into the backyard and sit on one of the swings. i'm sat there for a good ten minutes before i see weston coming my way.

"hey." he says quietly, sitting on the other swing.

"hey."

it's silent for a bit, before he starts talking again.

"why are you out here?"

"can't sleep. you?"

"same" he laughs a bit.

"hey uh, thanks for cleaning. i really didn't wanna deal with that shit tomorrow morning." he adds.

"of course. i'm not gonna make you clean the morning after your birthday." i smile, and turn to look at him.

he's already staring at me.

"you can sleep in my room, if it helps." he says, looking away.

i smile and stay silent. it stays that way for a while.

"how do you know me so well?" weston says out of nowhere, making me jump slightly.

"huh? what?"

"like, your gifts. last year, i didn't even mention wanting a new phone, even though i was considering it, but you got me a phone for my birthday. and- the btr concert? i just found out yesterday that that was happening and i was like, i need tickets to that, no matter what, and guess what! you got me tickets. and that's not even all, i mean don't get me started on like, the little things man i- it's like, it's like you can read my mind."

i stay silent for a bit, enjoying his voice, and just him in general. i don't know how i know him so well either.

"i just.. pay attention, i guess." i said. i hate how i'm barely adding anything to this conversation. i just can barely think right now.

i can see him turn to look at me from the corner of my eye, wondering if i should also turn to him, but he turns away before i can even finish thinking. it's silent, again, but only for a few seconds.

"you know, it's nice to have a friendship where i don't have to worry about all that.. other stuff. getting in the way." he says, once again, out of nowhere.

oh.

i can feel myself burning up at what he just said. i feel embarrassed, it's like he knew i liked him and that was his way of saying, hey, we should just stay friends. did i actually talk too loud in the bathroom?

once i start feeling tears building up, i immediately get off the swing and run inside. i can hear him call my name as i run away from him.

i'm at the stairs on the way to hoover's room, yet again, running to him about my boy problems, when weston catches up to me and grabs my arm.

"mar what's going on? are you good?"

i feel the tears start to rush down my face, not being able to keep it together anymore, and i'm immediately embarrassed, angry, and sad all at once.

weston pulls me into his arms, concerned, as i collapse down on the stairs, him still holding me.

"look, i don't know what happened but, i'm here for you.. and uh- you know, you can always .. talk to me. no matter what. if you want me to leave you alone, i'll leave you alone." he says awkwardly, trying to comfort me.

i nod at his last sentence and he pulls me closer one last time before getting up and heading to his room. i can feel his eyes on me, before hearing him say goodnight.

-

Okkkk shorter chapter sawry. I like chaps like these tho im rlly not good at dialogue i think u can tell