CHAPTER 23&24

★★★★
                  SPORTS FESTIVAL DAY
                         ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jungkook was seated on the bench watching the marathon racers preparing for their match when Wu came to join him.

"Where did you go to? I was hoping to compete with you during the beauty contest but instead that stupid Hyunjin ended up standing in for you making me lose, have never lose in my life and it still em.....are you even listening to me" Wu said earning his attention.

"Sure" Jungkook replied turning to stare at him but Wu had followed his gaze only to see that he was staring at Jimoon.

"Are you worried about him winning the marathon?" He asked as a mischievous smirk appeared on his face.

"Well you should stop over thinking cause he won't be winning this time around " Wu added.

Jungkook gave him his full attention on hearing what he said last.

"Why do you say so? Don't tell me that you...."

"Yes I did some thing. I tampered a little with his aid listener, So don't worry victory will be ours this time around" he said.

****

"Is everything in check?" Hoseok asked Jimin and five other boys who were participating in the marathon.

"Yes" they all replied in unison.

Jimin who felt his aid listener to feel a little strange was busy fixing it properly in his ear.

While the other boys went to the starting line, Jackson approached him.

"Having problem with that?" He asked.

"No" he answered fixing a smile on his face.

"Good cause an operator will be speaking to you through it, he will be telling you which path to take during the race, so make sure to have it on always" He said while he nodded.

"And also Taehyung mentioned some thing about your leg, if you are hurting you can just quit and....."

"No, I must do this, I need to do it and I will do it!" He said strongly turning his gaze to Taehyung who was seating amongst other students watching him.

"Fine then! Go join the others" Jackson said and quickly he went to starting line.

Jimin silently said a prayer even as the whistle was blown and they all began to run.

They were on the track heading to the next lane which will lead them into the other part of Joongdong High when he began to feel the pain but Jimin pushed it aside as he kept running being the first while other boys followed from behind.

****
Half an hour later, Jimin and the boys were still running when his aid operator began talking to him.

"You must have gotten to the path which leads to two different direction, take the one by your left" the operator said and immediately Jimin took the left path.

He could feel his breathing receding and hopefully pray that he gets to where water will be.

"Now take another turn " the operator said and he did as he said.

"Now follow the path you see in front of you" he said a while later and that was he noticed some thing was off.

The path he kept telling to take seemed lonely and rough.

Whenever a Marathon takes place, they are always some sign you see on the street, like a flag or some thing but there was nothing.

He didn't know much about the race but he did know the basics.