10.

I woke up to Momo tapping me lightly.

"Momo? What is it?" I mumbled groggily as I rubbed my eyes.

"Can I get in bed with you? I'm cold."

"Sure," I said as I scooted to make space for her. She got in and cuddled into my chest. She was still shivering a few minutes later, so I wrapped my arm around her body. "I love you," I whispered softly as I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up with the light blows of Momo's breath on my neck. Her face was strangely relaxed, as if my warmth lulled her into a gentle sleep. Slowly, her eyes fluttered opened and she looked up at me.

"Good morning, Momo. Did you sleep well?" I asked her gently.

"Yes, thanks for asking. You're very warm," she observed.

I smiled in response and hugged her closer. She started to relax in my arms once again until she realized what was happening. She rolled out of bed and fell onto the floor, creating a thud sound. I leaned over the edge to help her up.

"Are you okay? You fell pretty hard," I pointed out.

"I'm fine! Sorry about that..."

"For what?"

"For getting into bed with you. I shouldn't have."

"Momo, it's okay. I really don't mind."

..................................................................

Today is the day I'm telling Momo how I feel, I thought. I walked over to Momo during lunch and asked her to meet me outside when she was finished eating. After she agreed, I headed outside onto the school grounds. Sitting on the bench with my chin resting in my hand, I thought about how I was going to tell her.

"Hey, Y/n, what did you want to tell me?" Momo inquired, sitting next to me.

"You know how I've never dated anyone, right?"

She nodded.

"Do you want to know why?" I asked her. She nodded again.

"I've been waiting for someone. The same someone."

"Who?"

"You. I've liked you for years, ever since we were kids." I whispered. I searched my brain for responses to certain rejection, but I was still unprepared.

"You're too late," Momo stood up, "I gave up on love years ago."

"What... what do you mean by that?"

"I can't be with you. Too many things could go wrong."

"So you're... afraid?!" I stood up to face her.

"I could hurt you just like I did other people!"

"You won't! Not that it matters, anyway. I love you, Momo! Flaws and all!" I started to tear up."Why can't you let me in?"

"I refuse to take the chance of hurting you. I love you too much for that. I'd rather date people I don't love to fill that void," she spoke sadly as she turned away from me.

"So you're just going to play people instead of actually loving someone?!" I exclaimed in disbelief. She nodded as her light footsteps grew softer due to the increasing distance between us.

"Like you always do..." I whispered, more to myself than to Momo. I sat back down on the bench and cried until the bell rang. I stood up, wiped the tears from my eyes, and pretended I was fine for the rest of the years

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

AN: This is the end of this fanfic. I hope you all enjoyed!