2023

I stopped writing letters.

Last year Taemin called me over the phone because he was battling depression. As much as I loved comforting him throughout that tough time, I didn't want it to keep happening. So I found a way to speak with the chairman for the base to find a safer place for Taemin to be.

My prayers were answered and Taemin was allowed to do community service instead. That's when he stopped calling.

Honestly I felt relieved. Because if he's not calling me then he's probably happy in his new position. I don't know if he knows I'm the one that got him out of that military base.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I sit up from my couch and look at my door. I'm not expecting any visitors. I get out of bed and open the door since I don't have a peep hole. I really wish I did tho because I didn't expect this.

It's Taemin.

I closed the door again as soon as I opened it. Covering my mouth so I wouldn't scream. I could hear him laughing through the door. "Y/n-ssi~? Are you home?" He taunts me. This couldn't be happening. Especially since I look like a hot mess. "May I have 30 seconds to look more presentable?" I beg him through the door. He lets me.

I brush my hair, throw on a light purple blouse and blue jeans. And maybe a little bit of blush. Then I got back and open the door. Where Taemin is still standing wearing his uniform and his hair is slowly growing back. I smile, "Aren't you full of surprises." I say letting him in.

He takes off his shoes at the door. "I'm sorry it's unexpected." He apologizes. "It was just urgent that I get to you now." He says. I look at him, "What's up?" I ask.

Taemin takes a deep breath. "I was transferred from military service to community service." He says. "And...I'm doing so so much better now."

He hugs me. "Thanks to you..."

I smile and hug him back, honestly I was blushing madly. I hug him tightly in my embrace and he squeezed me with the same tightness. As if he longed for this. "You're welcome Taemin." I say.

He lets me go and looks down at me. He tucked my hair behind my ear and leaned down slowly, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. Now I'm bright red. This can't be happening.

"You've gotten more beautiful since the last time I saw you." He whispered.