14 || Over-protective Boar-friend: No AU || 14

Throughout the week, Inosuke has noticed that Nezuko wasn't her usual cheerful self. She was acting rather strange and abnormally. She was quiet, softspoken and she was frowning a lot. It almost looked like she was sad about something.

Inosuke: Nezumi?

Nezuko: Hmm? What is it, Inosuke?

Inosuke (Concerned) Are you...feeling okay? You don't seem like yourself.

Nezuko: Oh? What do you mean?

Inosuke: Well, you're usually always in a cheerful mood. *Looking away while blushing* You're always smiling, laughing and acting like a goofball. *Looks back at her* Lately you've been quiet and sad-looking.

Nezuko: Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to give you the wrong idea. I'm okay Inosuke. Trust me. I'm just low on energy today. *Perks up* I'm sure to bounce back tomorrow.

Inosuke: *Still unsure* Mmm, we'll I guess if you say so.

Nezuko: *Smiles* Thank you, Inosuke?

Even though he chose not to pester her about it anymore, Nezuko's deception could not fool Inosuke. He knew a fake smile when he saw one, and Nezuko just plastered one right in front of him. He knew there was something bothering her and he was going to find out at what means possible.

Some Time Later

Nighttime had fallen, and the house stood quiet and still. When she was sure the guys were fast asleep, Nezuko crept out of her box and tiptoed to the front door. Little did she know that she wasn't the only one pretending to sleep. From the couch, Inosuke watched with a careful eye as Nezuko stepped outside.

Inosuke: *Thinking* Where is she going? Something's not right.

Determined to figure out this mystery, Inosuke got up from the couch and decided to follow his suspicious friend. From the corner of the house, he saw her wandering deep into the woods. Carefully, he crept after her. The last thing he wanted was to make a sound and Nezuko to turn her head and see him.

However, Nezuko couldn't help but fear she wasn't alone in the woods, so she often looked back to make sure. To her relief, she didn't see anyone and assumed there were nocturnal animals going about their business. Like a raccoon looking for a bite to eat, or a boar following a mouse trying to figure out why she was acting funny.

Nezuko: Hmmm? *Speaking* I thought I heard something.

Inosuke was extremely careful not to let Nezuko detect him. His experience of tracking monsters had proved useful once more. That's when Nezuko stopped at a clearing. It seemed as though she had reached her destination. She observed her surroundings once more, then she crumbled into pieces and began crying. Caught completely off guard by this, the boar man rushed to her aid.

Inosuke: *Slightly panicking* Woah, woah Nezumi! *Hugs her* Nezumi. Nezumi! Calm down.

Nezuko: *Pauses her blubbering* I-Inosuke? Wh-What are you doing here?

Inosuke: That's not important right now. (Concerned) Why are you crying? What's going on?

Nezuko: *Sniffs* I...I'm sorry. It's just...that I haven't been myself lately.

Inosuke: Yeah, I can see that. Please tell me what's wrong?

Nezuko: *Sighs* There's these two demon slayers and they...they won't leave me alone. They keep harassing me, calling me names and...o-one gave me a scare with their...sword.

Inosuke: Grrrr! Tell me their names!

Nezuko: I-I-I don't know their names, but one of them breathes poison while the other breathes shadow. *Starts crying again* Why won't they leave me alone? It's not like I wanted to be a monster.