Chapter 1: Dandelions and Constellations

"You will be blessed, you will be happy."

A phrase that kept on repeating like forever by an unknown voice. Then I suddenly woke up in the middle of nowhere.

Seemed an overstatement but let me expound.

It felt like I was in a very long sleep when I decided to finally come into my senses. I was sitting on a bench under a shed facing a clean, somewhat straight road. The sun was high as noon which made the humid wind, touching my cheeks, reasonable. I looked around and saw the endless farm of dandelion flowers swinging as if it was welcoming me. I looked down and saw myself wearing a striped gray shirt and jogging pants — something I would wear, long time ago. I expected myself on thick rubber shoes matched with smooth type socks but seemed to be in my old pair of sandals. I didn't have any bag or case with me, nothing in my pockets like phone, house keys, notes or anything. I didn't know where I live or who I should find in this strange situation. Nothing on my side to get a clue on. It was like I was placed there for a purpose.

Oh my God! I screamed internally. Am I robbed? Was I hypnotized by someone and took all my belongings. What is happening?

I started to get confused. And turned more puzzled as I don't even know what to reckon about. I tried to think blankly, staring at the dandelion flowers but my mind cannot construct, not even a thought. I kept on eyeing until a white car appeared, hitting the road I'm in. I wanted to do something but my mind was still hazy so I decided to let this car go. I was not even sure if I must call for help or just let it pass. But it didn't matter anymore, since the white car stopped in front of the shed I'm waiting, like a secret service. Car's window went down and I saw this young guy. He was smiling but with a surprised look on his face. His eyes glistened and I also noticed a big gasp of air right before he uttered some words.

"Jacob?!" he suspected, like he cannot believe himself. I did not answer back. I just looked at him, emotionless.

"My goodness, Jacob! It's you! What are you doing here?" he exclaimed as he somewhat confirmed my identity. I shrugged, for I honestly have no idea what exactly am I doing there, either. "Come on, get in." he said. He opened the front passenger door then hit the seat with his hands several times to remove all the dust or whatsoever. Despite not knowing who this guy was, I had no choice but to get in his car. I felt like I'm about to get stranded on that road if I didn't get moving now.

I entered his car, took a good sit and then closed the car door. We moved at a good speed. I was still in a blur of what was going on and it seemed like I couldn't speak at all as if my tongue was glued close to my throat. I looked at him keenly hoping I would recognize him. He is white, skinny, like he's in his early twenties. He wears a green shirt from a pizza giveaway, gray jeans and a white vans shoes. He has golden blond hair with wavy patterns, long enough to cover his eyebrows but not his pretty blue eyes. I was staring at him like he was the very first person I ever saw, I said that because it felt like I haven't seen my face or anyone's faces at all. He glanced at me which made me break to my stare. I aimed away and looked in the side mirror. I saw the shed I was in as it slowly fades away due to mirage created by the humid weather which was, by the way, not felt at all. The car I was in has obviously a good air-conditioning system.

"Jacob" the guy said. I looked at him, waiting for him to say some more. His face looked bright and surprised, like the time he first saw me.

"Y-You know your name is Jacob, right?" I could feel the car's acceleration as he asked me the question. I don't feel like I know how to drive but I know, I just know. This guy acts like he hasn't spoken to anyone for a very long time. His strange actions were starting to annoy me, like he was repressing information. I tried to respond in his question but I couldn't create a vocal sound as if I needed to dig it in the middle of the earth. I was tense, I was in panic. I struggled to speak and started to choke, then he got worried to notice me that way.