- ' Why does 'this' GOODBYE hurt ? '

It is for the first time after their marriage, that Murtasim's leaving for village.
Murtasim is searching for something when Meerab enters their room and asks him if he is going somewhere. Murtasim looks sad, he turns to make an eye contact, and answers ' gaon jaa raha hoon, kaam hai kuch, do teen din baad aaunga ab wapas ! ' and turns back again and continues 'his search' (as he breaks the eye contact, his heart's aching everytime he recalls that he would not be able to see her for two to three days). Meerab smiles, says ' chalo achcha hai, sukoon se rahungi do teen din '. She leaves the room after saying this, Murtasim is still there, quiet and hurt by what she said. He's not able to believe that Meerab, the girl who irritated him the most, is now affecting him this much. " Why did her words make me sad, she has been like this since the start, then why now !? when did I give her such importance in life. What has happened to you Murtasim, why is she suddenly the reason of your smile and tears, why is she there in every thought that you make and every breath that you take !? " .(sighs). He finds the file that he was searching for.
He then goes to maa begum to bid her a goodbye. Meerab is also there. He stops at the door, when he sees Meerab there, takes a deep breath, and then enters. He holds Maa begum's shoulder from behind and says " gaon jaa raha hoon maa. " He is continuously looking at Meerab whilst talking to his mother. She ignores him, tries not to make an eye contact. Murtasim then says "Khuda Haafiz", in his deep voice. His voice has pain,as if he's already longing for her, as if someone's taking away his most valuable thing from him. " Again!, not again, her eyes, those beautiful eyes, kaise reh paaunga main Meerab tumhare bina." Bakhtu interrupts, " maalik chaliye, tayyari ho gayin hain", so he again looks at her (as if he wants to save that moment in his eyes, till he comes back), and turns back to leave. Just then, she stops him and says "Murtasim! , Ruko. " Arghh ! He was waiting for this only, turns back, he's teary-eyed, asks her(in the softest voice) " kya hua Meerab ?" , and she replies " Main chalun agar tumhare saath to koi aitraaz to nahin hai na tumhe? ".

( - ' kya haal ho gaya hai ye mera,aankhein meri har jagah,dhoondhe tujhe bewajah,ye main hoon ya,koi aur hai, meri tarah, kaise hua ? kaise hua ? tu itna zaroori kaise hua ? )Yeah, she doesn't know that he was praying to God for this, that she ha...

aankhein meri har jagah,
dhoondhe tujhe bewajah,
ye main hoon ya,
koi aur hai, meri tarah,
kaise hua ?
kaise hua ?
tu itna zaroori kaise hua ? )
Yeah, she doesn't know that he was praying to God for this, that she has glittered life on his dull and dead hope, he waits for nothing and says "aa jaao, car mein wait kar raha hoon."
They both leave together for village.