1: Getting In

"What's your name kiddo?" asked the cheesiest principal I've seen so far. He seemed like the typical fake-friendly guy who'd probably give you seven detentions just for speaking up in class, all with a smile.

"Harrison", I spoke in a serious tone, hoping he'd take a hint and drop the act.

"Well, I hope you aren't that hairy of a son."

I sighed and glanced back at my parents, my mom looking like she regretting everything that she did to get me here and my dad laughing with a pained look on his face.

"Trust me when I say that I actually said that joke before, you know. It's cuz there's another Harrison in this school. So, because I'd rather not get both of your amazing personalities mixed up, why don't I just call you new kid."

"Well-" my mom spoke up, but my dad gave her a look that would definitely earn him a few night of sleeping on the couch.

"That sounds great Gary", he spoke.

"Mr.Timmons."

"Alright, a-okay. Perfect. So, he's in right?"

"Of course he's in, since there's no reason to reject him."

"Good!"

We all stood up, my mom attempting to shake hands with him but instead was given an overenthusiastic high-five. If it was her choice, she'd probably give him a high-five to the face, maybe worse.

"Keep in mind you get to start Freshman Year along with everyone else since it's only September, lucky for you! Bad news is that school starts in just a week, so make sure you buy a lot of school supplies! Also remember that we made an exception just for you to choose your own schedule, since there was enough space and you seem to be exceeding grade level, as long as you don't try to get into the classes with the big boys and girls. Just turn your chosen classes tomorrow! Toodles!" and with that, he cornered me and my dad to the door, my mom already outside.

"You just had to have him put in your school", she grumbled as we all headed to the car.

"But ever since you finally let us move back to our hometown, I just knew he had to be put in our school!"

"I'd choose Raymon High over this dump"

"How! Of all the schools, it had to be the one we're against"

"You're against"

"Whatever. And it's not a dump anymore, they've improved with this high tech stuff. And the principal seems...nice"

I coughed and they both looked at me, my mom smirking at my dad.

"See, he agrees"

"He coughed! That could mean anything, right Harrison?"

"Nope, Mom's right"

"Ha!"

"But that doesn't mean he doesn't want to go here", he spoke as we all got in the car.

"Well, it seems okay."

"Okay. Okay is not enough for our son."

"It's okay enough for me though", he pleaded.

"Think about him before you think about yourself."

"He did say it was okay", he whined. She looked right at him for a full minute.

"Ugh fine, he's in anyway."

And with that, she started the engine and we drove home. The week consisted of my parents trying to choose my classes for me, which I managed to choose for myself after they both couldn't agree on anything, then going to the mall, where my dad dragged me off to get "cool clothes" as my mom bought a hundred dollars worth of school supplies, and ended with a bunch of lectures on how to act in school before sending me off to sleep in my last night of Summer. All of this to prepare for some joke of a school called Zodiac High.