^flashbacks to the past^

.
.
.
Jiang WanYin sprang up from the 'hospital' bed. He looks around terrified. What had happened?

Dun dun dun~ in his dream/nightmare

"JieJie!? Where are you!?"

"JIANG CHENG!"

"WHAT?"

Jiang WanYin gets stabbed(I don't think it actually happened. Just so you know, some of this is OBVIOUSLY made up). He chokes on blood as he tries to find his sister around the area.

"JIE-JIE!? WHERE ARE Y-OU!?"

"A-xian! A-xian!"

His eyes widened and his lips parted. Not 'a-Cheng' but 'a-xian'. His closes his mouth and tightens it into a thin line, swallowing the bitterness.

"Jie! Where are you!?"

"A-Cheng! Where is A-Xian!?"

"JieJie!"

Her sister gets trampled by a corpse and struggles to stand up. Jiang WanYin runs to her, holding her body as it grew a little cold.

"Wei WuXian! Stop it! Stop!"

"Shi-Jie!?"

Wei WuXian runs to get Jiang YanLi.

"Shi-jie? What are you doing he-,"

He gets pushed out of the way by Jiang YanLi, watching as she gets stabbed.

"A-Xian.."

She smiles at him, her body grew limp and cold.

Jiang WanYin was mad. Mad at everyone. Mad at Wei WuXian. His sister's last word was even 'a-Cheng' or 'jiang Cheng..'. Maybe he just wasn't loved. Maybe he-

-dream ends-

His eyes watered, thinking about what had happened. He shakes it away and thought about how long he'd been out.

"Ah, Sect Leader Jiang, you're awake."

"How long have I been out?"

"Only a few days"

The nurse gives a little smile to Jiang WanYin, then leaves the room. Jiang WanYin lies back down on the scratchy bed.
.
.
.
.
.
Jiang WanYin lies on the bed, wondering what to do. His stupid leg is broken, which means he can't really do training. It was hot and sweaty. He just wishes he was at gusu. Maybe not...

-learning at Gusu-

Jiang WanYin tightens his hair into a bun. It was his casual look anyways. His robes were very- pristine, lets say. He hears a knock on his door.

"Come in."

The door opens and Nie Huaisang comes rushing in. Jiang WanYin knew it was a serious situation. Huaisang never knocks.

"What happened."

"How did you know something bad has happened!?"

"You never knock, Huaisang."

"Oh.."

"Hurry up and explain."

"Okay, okay. So erm. Wei-xiong uh. Uh"

"Huaisang. I swear if you are wasting my time I will-"

"OKAY,OKAY. Wei-xiong got in trouble!"

-blah blah blah & time skip blah blah blah-

Jiang WanYin and Nie Huaisang peek through a hall. There, sat Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi, both being whipped.

-a little after-

"ChengCheng! Slow down! My back hurts~"

"Shut up. Be lucky I'm carrying you. You should look at Lan WangJi, he literally walked away like he was fine."

Wei WuXian pouts and hangs onto Jiang WanYin.

-back to present-

Jiang WanYin doesn't smile at that moment. Instead, he sits up from the bed and pours himself a glass of water. A picture of Lan XiChen fills his head. He flushes and he drinks the water.

"Sect leader Jiang."

He chokes on his water.

"Cough,cough, sect leader cough Lan cough cough."

Lan XiChen rushes towards Jiang WanYin.

"are you alright? Do you need anything? Does your head hurt?"

Jiang WanYin shakes his head and coughs some more.

"I'm fine."

"Alright, call me when you need WanYin."

Jiang WanYin ignores the way he calls him, but thinks about it over and over.

"Sect leader Jiang."

"Speak."

"W-well, Mo Gong-Zi wanted to see-,"

"Tell him to get out."

"But Han Guang-jun is with hi-"

"Out."

Silence...

"JIANG CHENG!!"

Wei WuXian comes rushing in. He starts to sob on Jiang WanYin's bed.

"Get off of my bed."

"I thought you died! *sobs more* Who knew you would come help me and Lan Zhan!"

"Ok you're being dramatic now. Get out."

"But Jiang Cheng!"

"Out."

Jiang WanYin would've spilt water on Wei WuXian if he didn't get out a second later. He gets out of bed.

"AH WHAT THE FU-,"

He tumbles to the ground and curses under his breath. He slowly stands up and grabs his sword to support him. Jiang WanYin walks out slowly, avoiding everyone who's telling him to rest.

"Ah! Sect leader Jiang! Please rest! Here, have some tea!"

"Sect leader! You should be resting! Here, have some lotus buns."

"Shouldn't you be resting sect leader? Here I'll-"

"Leave me alone. I'm fine."

Start: June 6, 2023

End: June 9, 2023

Words: 800

A/N: hi, author here! 🥰 reminder, I may not be posting for the next few weeks! So if you see that this hasn't been updated for a little while, just know that I may be taking a little break from writing! Have a great day <33