01.

'the sky is so

'the sky is so...peaceful looking' i thought, my head laid in my palm as i stared out the window of the classroom, my earbuds in so i didn't have to listen to the professor's lesson.

the sound of someone opening the door of the classroom interrupted my thoughts.

curious, i turn my head to see who it was, someone i'd never seen before...i think. our teacher introduced us to the person, a new student, [name]. 'just great, another nuisance i have to deal with..'

she sat in the open seat next to me. she looked over at me, meeting my gaze. she smiled at me and waved.

i scowled at her, i didn't bother to wave back. if i acted friendly towards her she might think i want to be friends.

the class went on as usual after she arrived. but i didn't listen to a word the teacher said, sometimes i wondered how i was even passing.

maybe because my mother is the principal of the school. most of the teachers are afraid of her, afraid of being around her, and afraid of her entire presence in general.

i sat in my seat doodling in my notebook with my earphones in. i slightly bobbed my head as i listened to the music. my head rested in my palm as i doodled when a balled up paper ball out of nowhere rolled onto the page. 'a note?' i looked around to see who could've thrown this to me.

i opened it up.

┏︎                      ┓︎
want to be my friend?

circle one

yes or no

               from [name] <3
┗︎                      ┛︎

'what the fuck..' i grimaced at the letter. last time i checked, we were second years in high school, not in fifth grade.

i look over at her, she was looking back at me, smiling. circling the 'no' option with my pencil, i tossed the paper back to her.

her smile immediately dropped reading the note. she looked back at me, i smirked sticking my tongue out at her, looking back out the window.

hopefully, she got the message to leave me alone.

"scara!" kazuha chimed, catching up to me as i walked out of the class. "i thought i told you not to call me that awful nickname."

"you did, i just don't care." he shrugged.

"also, what's up with you and that new student? i saw you passing notes." a smirk played along his lips. "nothing is going on between us. she sent me a note asking to be friends, but i declined." i wanted to gag at the thought of it.

"YOU WHAT." he stopped walking beside me, making me stop as well. "i declined her friend request," i said with a straight face.

"why? she was cute, you two could've been friends!" he started to walk alongside me again. "if you think she's cute then you be her friend. i'm not one to have friends."

i walked into my next class with kazuha, chemistry.

"if she's in this class, just try talking to her. she wanted to be your friend, give her a chance! maybe you two will have chemistry. get it? because we're in chemistry class." he laughed at his own joke while i scowled at it.

i saw [name] sitting in my seat at the very back of the class.

"uhm, you're in my seat." i stood in front of her, glaring. "huh? oh, sorry! i didn't know we had assigned seats." she apologized and got up.

"we don't. i just like sitting here." i asserted as i sat down in the chair.

"ohh.." she laughed awkwardly. not knowing what to do, she just went to sit down in the open seat in front of me.

the teacher came into the room a few seconds after the bell had rung. "sorry for being a bit late everyone!" she panted, a bit out of breath.

she went along with the lesson for today but i started zoning out, her voice becoming more muffled by the second.

as i sat behind [name], i noticed things i didn't pay any attention to before. like the way her hair was parted, the sun shining through the window onto her [h/c] locks. the way she looked so focused on the lesson.

'what the hell am i thinking? maybe i'm just tired. stop thinking of such vile things..'

my vision became hazier, i laid my head down on the desk tiredly.

𝙍𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙍𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙍𝙄𝙉𝙂

[name's] pov:
after the bell rang, people started getting up out of their seats and making their way to lunch.

'just a few... more touches... done!' i finished the notes i took during class.

packing up my things, i stood up, brushing down my skirt and pulling down the shorts underneath since they rose a bit while i was sitting.

i heard quiet snores from behind me as i packed up my things. 'he's still here?' i thought. 'i should wake him up'

'he looks so peaceful..' i smiled, thanking he was asleep so he wouldn't notice my staring.

i gently tapped his shoulder which caused him to stir awake.

"hey, the bell rang. we have to go to lunch," i spoke softly. he rubbed his eyes, trying to wake himself up.

his voice was raspy as he spoke, "tch, whatever."

"