- TWENTY SEVEN -

I groaned as school finally ended, the test today had only half things i knew while the rest was completely new.

It wouldn't have been that bad had there not been a test in almost every class today.

'im exhausted.'

I walked down the halls of the school beside kala who was holding my hand and smiling.

"I mean- do these teachers like torturing their students!?"

Kala giggled at my pain as she shook her head.

"I think that some of the teachers do enjoy seeing their students in pain."

I let out a sigh at kala's response, she could have at least helped me but instead she just giggles at my reaction.

"It's not funny!!"

I huffed as i let go of kala's hand and continued to walk through the long halls of the school.

"Hey!! I'm sorry, okay?"

I just shook my head and continued walking down the halls, moving my hand away from kala's hand that she tried to grab mine with.

"As punishment you don't get to hold my hand for the rest of the day."

Kala seemed saddened by this but smirked and kissed me instead of grabbing my hand which caused me to blush as I didn't expect her to kiss me, a smile forming on my face as my anger slowly disappeared and i kissed her back.

"Am i forgiven now~"

I sighed and nodded my head which kala took the opportunity and immediately grabbed my hand in hers, a big smile forming on her face.

"You know kala, sometimes you can act like a kid."

Kala just giggled and ignored my comment, i just internally sighed as me and kala both continued to walk through the halls of the school in a peaceful silence.

"Finally!!"

Kala said as me and kala finally reached the front of the school, my mind being in a state of shock as i didn't think this school would take such a long time to get out...

'two minutes.'

I read the clock on my phone to myself and mentally facepalmed.

'why does it feel like we took more than two minutes to leave?'

My question seemed to go unanswered for a few seconds until i turned to look back at kala and realized why.

'i guess she distracts me and herself pretty easily.',

Before i could think about anything else i heard footsteps coming towards our direction and turned to see a decent portion of the student council coming our way, kala seemed to also hear the footsteps as she turned to face the student council as well.

"Good afternoon. You two must be issei and kalawarner, is that correct?"

The person who i believe is the head of the group spoke up, she had short black hair in the style of a bobcut and was wearing glasses along with the female kuoh uniform.

"Yes...? Do you need something?"

After kala asked that the group looked around before pulling me and kala out of sight and got into an attack stance.

"Really? Are you all seriously going to attack us for no reason?"

Once i said this the group looked confused, the head of the student council being more confused than the rest.

"So... You're not here to cause trouble?"

A girl from the group had asked, she had brown hair styled into two shoulder length pigtails at the back and had green eyes.

This girl was also wearing the kuoh uniform but she also had on green and lime striped stockings that reached her up to her knees.

"No, i became a fallen because i was going to die and kala joined the school so she could stay with me."

This seemed to surprise the group, unlike some of the other people here who don't try and hide their auras i could tell that the people in front of me and kala were devils.

"Are you two dating!?"

The girl from before asked with excitement that came out of nowhere.

"Um... Yes."

Kala punched my shoulder and pouted although i could tell she just punched me playfully and didn't mean for the punch to harm me, my guess for the punch being because of the hesitation in my sentence.

Can you really blame me? Neither of us know the student council beyond what the members look like and that they are devils who hide their auras to a degree that they can barely be detected.

"You two look like a great couple!!"

The girl from before said but one look from the head of the student council and she immediately went back to being silent.

'so she is the head of the student council... I guess i am right on some things."

"How can we trust you two?"

The same person who silenced the excited girl from earlier has spoken which brought me out of my thoughts.

"Do you know the church that held a bunch of rouge fallen?"

Kala's question seemed to take them all back a second as they all gained a shocked look.

"Yeah...?"

One of the girls in the back of the group said as she broke out of her shock first and she wanted to know more, it seemed as though the rest wanted to know more as well since they all broke out of their shock and listened in more intently.

"Me and issei were the ones who put an end to those fallen."

Kala's comments seemed to shock them even more than the question before.

'hopefully they trust us after getting this information.'

My thoughts were broken yet again by one of the student council members from the group shouting.

"That was you!?"