Chapter 10

Ten outfit changes, fifteen times fixing and re-fixing his fringe, Louis finally decided on a dark blue denim jacket, with a white fleece lining, a one of the seven graphic tees that he tried on and his black skinny jeans with a few rips in the knee topping off the look with his black and white vans. He is 5 minutes away from Harry's house and was fighting every urge to not turn the car back around and forget the whole thing. He hasn't been on a date in years, and to make matters worse this one was with sweet, amazing kind Harry who his daughter adored already. This was only adding pressure to Louis to make sure that his date went well. 

He takes a deep breath as he pulls up in front of Harry's taking a deep breath he puts his car in park and grabs the bouquet of flowers he picked up on the way. They were perfect, Louis made sure of it, he spent an hour at the floral shop standing in front of what could have been fifty different types of flowers, but in Louis mind they all looked the same just different colors.

He knew he was way out of his depth in that store but, he remembered Harry saying how much he loved flowers but he has never received them before as a gift. Louis knew in that moment he was going to change that and his lack of knowledge wasn't going to stop him. 

It wasn't until he was close to giving up that he saw the most perfect section of sunflowers and all he could think of was Harry. The way the boys face radiates pure lightness and happiness into the world with every smile. His entire personality is bright and open and pure. 

Taking one last inspection of the flowers he took a deep breath and walked up to the front door and laying out three strong taps on the front door. 

'do not back out now Tomlinson, you got this man. Grow a pair and do this. You like him, don't blow it!" Louis sits there mumbling a pep talk to himself as the seconds it take Harry to open the door feel like minutes to him. 

"Hi Lou!" Harry beams from behind the door. The door is a bright yellow, how did Louis not notice that before. It's very much Harry Louis thinks. His eyes shift over to Harry who is wearing a light brown suede jacket with a white fleece lining. A white t-shirt, lack skinny jeans and a pair of short brown boot. His hair is pushed back by a black bandana, the curls flowing an intentional messy around it.. Hot is all Louis can think about. 

"Hi Haz" Louis smiles up at the green eyed lad, who is grinning back down at him. "I um, I got you these." He says timidly passing over the bouquet. Harry's breaks out into a wide grin as he takes the flowers from Louis trembling hands. "T-thank you Lou, they are beautiful." Harry brings the flowers up to his nose inhaling the sweet nutty scent. 

" 'm glad you like 'em." Louis smiles fondly at Harry, enjoying the way that his dimples become more prominent the more he sniffs the flowers. "I have never been given flowers before." Harry mumbles and Louis's heart picks up at how happy the boy standing in front of him right now is. "I know." Louis whispers. "So shall we go?" Louis adds. "Y-yeah let me just go put them in some water quickly." Harry says quickly before he is out of Louis sight. 

Once Harry returns the two make their way out of Harry's place and down to Louis car. The drive over they settle into easy conversations. Most of it is surrounding Cassie and the many questions Harry has about the little girl. Louis finds it refreshing to hear someone take such an interest in Cassie that isn't his family or Zayn. He loves the way Harry's eyes light up as Louis tells him the story of how Cassie woke up the other morning and climbed into his bed at 3 am because she was just wanting her daddy to rub her back.  

It's only 15 minutes later that Louis is pulling the car into the destination, it's over looking a field, the shades of green trees have turned many different shades of yellow, orange and reds as the fall progresses.