𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘸𝘪𝘴

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

After a few hours of walking, the group reached a large clearing by the river which would be the main landmark that would lead them to the North shore of the Island. "This is Slivko. Do you read?" Slivko spoke into his radio, "Anybody out there? We're headed North to the exfil location. Everyone here seems way too calm right now." Analeah laughed under her breath at Slivko's words, the poor seventeen-year-old soldier had been questioning the titan ape since they had seen it. "We're out of range, Slivko. Save it for when we get closer to the group," James told him while Analeah noticed a large boulder sticking out of the water, a slight movement catching her eye.

Analeah stepped out of the line of people and walked closer to the large boulder, her head tilted before her eyes widened at the sight of the boulder lifting out of the water to reveal a buffalo that she had only seen in books. "It's a Sker Buffalo. They're supposed to be completely extinct and yet... look at it," Analeah spoke for them to hear before she held out her hand, smiling softly as the large herbivore stepped forward and huffed a breath making Analeah laugh before she looked back to see Slivko with his gun raised. She walked forward and placed her hand on his, pushing slowly with a reassuring smile, "It's okay, Slivko. It won't hurt us."

They all watched as the Sker Buffalo lost interest and walked off, Analeah watched it fondly before turning to James. "I thought I'd only ever see them in books but to see the actual thing in real life... bloody brilliant!" Analeah told him, James smiled happily at the sight of his sister's joy before he cleared his throat. "Let's keep moving," James instructed before they all continued on their way. "It's a herbivore, grass eater or technically, they consume seagrass or seaweed more than anything else," Analeah told Slivko as she walked next to him. He smiled at the happy glint in her eyes, the way she rambled on about the creature was adorable to him.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The group was now back in the jungle, they had approached some ruins that seemed to have caught their attention. "Stay tight," James ordered causing the group to move in closer together, Analeah wasn't happy having no weapon but Slivko simply slipped a finger into one of her shorts belt loops and pulled her closer to him. "What the hell is this?" Slivko spoke as they looked at the ruins following James as he cautiously approached the ruins. Analeah was amazed by the yellow paintings, she moved to walk closer to a wall but Slivko rehooked his finger in her belt loop and held her near him. "Stay by me," Slivko whispered, Analeah nodded knowing with her injured arm, she couldn't defend herself.

Mason gasps suddenly pulling everyone's attention to the eyes that had appeared, Analeah looked around at the sudden appearance of people throughout the ruins. "Oh! Behind you!" Slivko called out as he raised his gun, the people pointed spears at the group. "Everybody, stay calm. Stay calm," James told everyone. "They feel threatened," Analeah spoke up as she looked up at her older brother. "We feel threatened," Brooks replied to Analeah making the woman sigh. "Nobody shoot!" James ordered as everyone bunched in closer together with Analeah standing behind Slivko and James.