5. black

Black was just finishing getting dressed and ready to go when White barged into his room and threw himself on the bed.

  "Hello to you too." Black said amused.

  He watched White roll all over the bed wrapping himself up in the sheets until only his head was poking out.

  "I didn't get any sleep." White said after a minute.

  "Why?" Black asked as he tied his boots laces.

  "Por gave me a ton of paperwork to read through so I'd be ready to have dinner with some of his friends tomorrow." White said.

  Black felt bad for his brother. He knew he hated those kinds of dinners because of the things their father's friends said and he had to agree with. He knew he'd never be able to play dumb and agree with the bullishit they said so he really applauded White for doing it.

  "You should get some sleep, Nong." Black said.

  "What are you doing?" White asked curiously as he watched him finish getting ready.

  "I'm heading out." Black said.

  "It's seven in the morning." White said.

  "I know that and that's exactly why I'm leaving right now. I have a lot of places to drop by and only today to do it." Black said grabbing his jean jacket and putting it on. He walked over to White who was still a human burrito and pinched his cheek. "Go to sleep. I'll see you later."

  Black headed towards his bedroom door.

  "Wait!" White exclaimed and Black heard him fall off the bed probably in the struggle to unwrap himself off the sheets.

  "Go to sleep White." Black said not bothering to look back knowing his little brother was following him.

  "I want to go too!" White said.

  "You just said you didn't get any sleep. Just go get some sleep and I'll see you later." Black said as he reached the end of the hallway.

  "I'm not tired anymore." White said through a yawn. "I want to go with you."

  Black continued towards the stairs and then started descending them.

  "It's too dangerous for you." Black said.

  "If you're going then I can go." White said.

  "You're not dressed for the occasion." Black said. "You look like the sun."

  "This sweater is soft and cute. These shorts make my legs look good." White said, offended.

  "And it's exactly because of those reasons that you aren't dressed for the occasion. I'm going to blend in and not stand out." Black said, reaching the last step. He turned and looked at White. "Stay home and get some sleep."

  "I'm going." White said, staring Black down.

  They had a stare down for a minute or two before Black finally gave in.

  "Put some shoes on." Black ordered.

  White quickly ran back up the stairs and came back a minute later holding his shoes. He put them on in front of the front door and then they were off.

  White asked questions as he followed Black and Black kept the answers vague. He knew White didn't actually care about where they were going or doing as long as he got to be part of it. He hated being left out of Black’s plans.

  Once they were out of their gated community Black called a taxi and gave the driver the first stop of the day.

  "You should've brought better running shoes." Black said, looking at the shoes White was wearing.