Chapter 1 - How Love Meets

The day was bright as ever. The sun had never shone so bright and it was the perfect summer vacation for loads and loads of families to seek out a holiday and embark on adventures of the sort. However, for some families it was a chance to escape from the hectic reality of life and have a calming and relaxing break from it all... Atleast this is what the Collie family had seeked out.

The Collie family was a family of three border collies all having their own different quirks in their fur patterns and colours.

The father, Frank Collie: was a black border collie with a black patch covering his right eye leaving his entire face a vibrant white colour .His body littered with semi medium splotches of black and finally his foot paws consisting of nothing but jet black fur giving him an almost boot like look. His structure held the classic dad features of a small but noticeable beer belly coming along and a scruffy looking beard that plastered to his face. He was however rather muscular for his age as he stuck to a vigorous workout routine to ensure he could provide for his family, seeing as the man was a retired firefighter. Standing at around 6'3.

Next was the Mother, Heather Collie: was a brown border collie who ,unlike her husband, had a small brown pattern of dots go near her left eye and nothing else. Her body was covered with one large splatter of brown fur that went from her right shoulder all the way down to her left leg and only really had the same small brown dots come off the large deep brown splatter. She had medium sized hair that was tied into a bun behind her head and her body structure was rather chubby and small. However, the women always seemed to be carrying a carefree and loving smile at the world. She was also the owner of a small bakery in their hometown, so she knew how to cook some delicious treats. Standing at around 5'11.

And finally the last border collie of this family was the son, Fern. Unlike his parents the young boy was thin and his face had a permanently tired look to it and at some points even looked sickly, probably because he was sick. His fur patterns followed his fathers with a splotch of colour covering his right eye but unlike his father his fur was brown and a soft white. His body was covered with medium sized brown spots of colour that went down to his legs where the same boot-like fur pattern his father has resided there. His body was also way thinner than his parents and at some points his bones could be seen, mostly due to his illness. Finally the boy had bright green emerald eyes that, even with the damning illness, still shone bright as ever. He was standing at around 5'5.

It was currently 7:00 AM in the morning and the two older collies had been awake for about 30 minutes now with the young collie staying in the small bedroom he was given at this medium sized vacation cabin. The two older dogs are engrossed in conversation as bacon and scrambled eggs slowly sizzle on the kitchen stove.

The mother was wearing a light blue robe that wrapped around her body completely covering her and keeping her warm, her hair tied into a messy bun to hide her morning hair. And her husband was wearing nothing but red plaid pyjama bottoms leaving his gut exposed to the world. Not that the family minded as it was his usual attire when indoors.

"Are we sure he will be ok for the summer? I mean the nearest hospital is quite far away" the mother spoke with worry clear in her tone, "w-what if something happens to him?"

"He will be fine honey. The kid is strong and he knows he needs to be a little more careful than other kids." The father responded as he tried to reassure his wife. He gently flipped one of the pieces of bacon as he flashed a soft smile to his worried wife.

"I know I know... *sigh* it's just been hard to not worry about him." Heather responded back gently, hugging her husband from behind and resting her head on his shoulder. "I don't want to see my baby get hurt." She quickly huffed out.