Chapter 02

"Totoo ba?"

"Hindi, nagsisinungaling lang ako."

I told Glaiza everything that happened last night. Until now, I can't even process all the words they said during that nonsense discussion.

"What if they find someone na hindi mo naman gusto? Na hindi mo type?"

"That's what I'm worrying, Glaiza" Sagot ko. "Paano nga?"

"What you did was just right. You have to prove them that they are wrong, okay? You have to make sure na hindi sila ang magdi-desisyon para sa iyo lalong-lalo na pagdating sa pagbo-boyfriend." Sabi niya.

"But I know my parents." I looked down, thinking all the posibilities that they might do it for me. "Hindi nila ako papayagan na basta lang pumili ng lalaki."

"I'm telling you sis, they don't have to choose a man for you. You have to find a man on your own, someone that you like and you love! My gosh, kung gan'yan ang mangyayari sa akin, baka maglayas ako sa amin!"

But I can't just do that. Hindi ako basta-basta lumalayas sa bahay once na may pagtatalo sa pamilya namin. As long as I can control my emotions, I will remain calm and act like it was all okay. I love my parents even though they are against my decisions sometimes.

"What if i-continue mo 'yung pagkakagusto mo kay Nio?" She randomly asked after the first class.

I looked at her with forehead creased because I did not really expect her to say that.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Girl, wala kang choice ngayon kundi maghanap ng magugustuhan mo para once na tinuloy ng parents mo 'yung pinaplano nila, you have someone to show them. Atleast, meron kang ipapaglaban sa parents mo. " She explained but for me, she had no point at all.

Does she think it's easy to find someone na gusto mo? It takes time to like somone. And if she's talking about Nio, no way. I'd rather find someone that I don't like than continuing liking him.

Hindi ko na lang pinansin ang sinabi niya at sa halip ay hinintay na lang ang susunod na subject teacher.

I focused on listening to my teacher since it was my favorite subject. I love everything about social sciences, about politics and about people.

"Ms. Galeria got the highest score," Ma'am Dolores announced. "That means, you're exempted for the long quiz tomorrow."

My classmates clapped their hands after that announcement. I smiled at them for giving me recognition. Iyong iba ay nagsasabi pa ng "sana all" sa akin dahil exempted daw ako sa long quiz.

"So that's all for today class," Our teacher said as she fixed her stuffs as preparation for leaving. "Good luck for tomorrow and goodbye."

Breaktime na kaya hindi ako nakatakas sa mga puri ni Glaiza sa akin.

"Idol talaga kita! I'm picturing you out being an attorney ten years from now!"

I just glared at her. Mahaba pa ang pila sa cafeteria kaya kung anu-ano pa ang mga sinabi ni Glaiza.

"Ang haba-haba naman ng pila!" Glaiza scratched her head because of irritation. "Tapos na ang breaktime pero hindi pa tayo nakakapag-recess."

I looked around and realized that there were a lot of students here. I thought of going to the second cefeteria but it was far from here. Baka maubos lang ang oras ko sa paglalakad.

"Hey! Jude!"

My eyes widened when I heard Glaiza calling Jude. Nasa pila rin siya at malapit na siya sa unahan.