Unfulfilled Promise

It was their first year in HS when he decided to approach her. He is the type to do anything he likes.

Students were gathered in the auditorium for their opening ceremony when a student caught everybody's attention.

As everyone was waiting for the school's director, he went up the stage and grabbed the microphone.

"Ah~ Ah~ Ah~ Annyeong haseyo yeoreobun." He said loudly and cheerfully in the microphone.

The student's laughed and cheered. Knowing him, he would probably create a ruckus in the first day of school.

"Kim Kylie~!" He called in the microphone.

Everyone glued their eyes on the boy standing at the stage and to the girl whom he mentioned.

'Ish. What does he want? Why does he have to embarrass me in front of the whole student body? Aish.'

"Will you go out with me?" He asked making the students cheer and gasp at his bold and sudden confession.

"Kim Kylie. I repeat, I like you. Will you go out with me?"

She was frozen at her spot and wasn't able to react when suddenly their director appeared and whacked his head making the students laugh.

"It is the first day of school Mr. Lee Jaehwan. What do you think you're doing?"

He was enrolled in this school ever since he was 6, and so was Kylie. They've been schoolmates since then and classmates oftentimes.

To make things worse for her, their families are friends – but not them.

Ever since that confession, Jaehwan didn't keep his eyes off her. Female students grew jealous of her. Some even hate her for not liking him back. For them, Jaehwan is their ultimate goal that she reached even without trying.

Second year of high school and lucky for Jaehwan, they were on the same class.

"Oh?! Kylie-yah~!" He sang and ran towards her to hug her.

Back when they were kids, they would always play together and hug many times as possible. But now that they are already grown-ups, Kylie can't help but to be annoyed at his actions.

What's strange is that, she hates it, strongly hates it, but she can't seem to push him away.

The teacher asked them to introduce theirselves in class. It was Kylie's turn when Jaehwan interrupted her again.

"Annyeong haseyo. Kim Kylie imnida." She said in her most audible voice possible.

"Kim?" Jaehwan asked.

Kylie just glared at him knowing that he is about to throw something she hates.

"You mean LEE Kylie?" The boys cooed while the girls are crying with jealousy.

Their teacher even let out a chuckle.

Kylie made her way to her seat quietly. It was Jaehwan's turn when their classroom was turned into a freaking zoo. Male students cheered for him as if he was going to candidate for some election.

"Annyeong haseyo. Lee Jaehwan imnida." He said as he bowed 90 degrees – and waved like a politician motioning everyone to shush down.

"Do you see that girl over there?" He said pointing straight at her.

'What now?!'