Chapter 1

"Lissa! Lissa!" I turn around and give him a disappointed look, "You missed the class." I continue walking ahead, and he catches up to me, takes my hand to make me stop, and speaks, "I had to make it up to Kiara." I give him an amusing smile and shake my head. We both continue walking while holding hands and I ask, "What did you do again?"

"We were supposed to go on a date last night." And he couldn't because he accompanied me to the ice cream parlor. I stop and look at him, "Harry, you should've told me. I am big enough to deal with my problems." Harry smiled and pulled my cheeks, "You're not big enough to endure the absence of your best friend. Also, don't lose the spirit. We have our interviews today."

Whatever uplifting media marketing class did to my mood vanished on hearing about the interview. Harry and I were going to apply for an internship together at Cooper Furniture Enterprise last year, but last night my dad probably decided that this was the perfect time for me to act as a perfect daughter and do what he says.

My dad, Alexander Ozera, is the most successful businessman of our time and the CEO of Ozera Home Maker (OHM). My dad started a small furniture company and made it big around the time my brother, Jackson was born. Soon after, my dad also started supporting small companies or merging them with his, and that's how now OHM is known for Furniture and all kinds of home appliances. It is a company where you'd go right after buying a house and would choose everything for it in a day to turn it into a home.

So, one of my dad's closest friends, Mr. Charles, died two years ago and since then, his son started running the company, it was hard because the company was going under bankruptcy but my father felt the need to help his friend, saved them barely from undergoing bankruptcy and since then started supporting his company, Charles Versatile Furniture (CVF). The son of Mr. Charles probably must have been a mastermind to have the company become known in the top 30 furniture companies in the USA in just 2 years and that too after almost being bankrupt.

Now, my dad wanted me to do my internship at that company to keep an eye on the internal affairs of the company and let him know how the company is doing. He did this with every company he invested in, but this time, the responsibility has fallen on my shoulder. My dad has already informed them about my arrival. I don't know what to expect from this internship of 2 months. I mean they could show me the pretty side of the company, fake it, or anything, but I don't think they would because I don't know what could be wrong with a successfully running company. Honestly, I didn't think my dad would carry it out for this company as well seeing how fast they are progressing but apparently, he had a different way of thinking.

Well, here I am left to break my and Harry's childhood promise of working in Cooper Furniture Enterprise together. Harry and I have been interested in this kind of thing since childhood. After hearing that news last night, I was highly enraged and upset, but Harry told me that it was okay and that it would be more fun working against each other seeing how our brains mostly function in sync. I and Harry always have the same solutions for things but our way of reaching those solutions has always crashed. He is more reasonable and rational than me.

Harry again reassured me, watching my grim mood, "Hey, we can't change the situation but we can be happy along the journey." I smile and smack his arm, "I hate it when you sound reasonable." Harry laughs and makes his way toward his car. I also go around my car beside his and stand opening the door. For a minute we both stare into each other's eyes and then he speaks, "Meet me at Ariana's home?" I give him a sad smile and say, "Sure. Also, Best of Luck!" He gave me a thumbs-up before getting in his car.

I start driving toward CVF and after reaching the building I take a deep breath. Here we go. I get out of the car and start walking toward the building. It sure is a fancy big company made of glass. I should have done some research on the company last night but I was filled with rage, not my fault but still my fault.