Part 1

My head throbbed as my phone rung. I sighed out loud already knowing it was the boss, again, sending another request. I murder people every single day, and it never gets easier, I do feel sympathy for them but it comes from the fact that they're completely innocent, they make one mistake and the boss orders to have them killed immediately, I do think some people deserve a chance or two.

I show an exterior of coldness and people think I don't have a heart, the call me multiple phrases such as heartless, or things like I have a lack of feelings and so on.

I picked it up and read the address. Weird. It was in a more isolated area, I assume those are people that are old and want to live out a more lonely peaceful ending. Well this ending certainly won't be 'peaceful'. I feel bad especially because I'm killing an old person not even knowing what they did, I do have a cold heart but no human can just kill an innocent human being.

Well, whatever I have to do to keep earning so I can finally retire.

I grabbed my keys and started the van, I drive a knock off FedEx van. As I began to near the area I had been notified that there would be backup when I reach there, this means that I knock on the door as bait and as soon as the culprit opens the door, my boss has sent men to camp outside and rush to attack as soon as possible.

I park the vehicle and grab the cardboard box from the seat next to me. I slammed the door shut and neared the entrance, I silently searched my surroundings side eyeing & catching a few men hiding behind walls built around the corners of the mansion. There were cameras but they wouldn't be able to catch any activity due to the lights being 'out'. The boss had arranged for no evidence to be left behind.

I ring the bell and I hear incoming footsteps, the temperature increased and the air became thick. It was suddenly hard to breathe, I forced in a deep breathe and held it in as the door swung open.

A mid-aged women in her late 40's opened the door, a creepy smile spread across her face as she scanned my entire face & body.

"Well well, you're handsome aren't you?..." she says, sounding like a witch in the most bitchiest voice, her eyes lingering dangerously low on my waist line.

"Hey, quick delivery, it's quite heavy and we wouldn't want a pretty lady like you getting hurt carrying this inside would we?... no? Right, so let me help you with this, just tell me where you want it".
I forced the words out of my mouth, fear building up as I awaited for the men to strike.

"Thank you, such a well mannered young boy" she still sounds like a rat to be completely honest.

"No problem ma'am" I said, it came out as a mumble but not intentional and definitely due to the nerves.

I flinched as I heard a loud bang followed by blood bursting out of the women's body, her soul almost literally evaporated into the air through my periphiral vision. She fell to the ground within seconds and her lifeless body just lay there, drowning in a puddle of blood.

My gaze trailed her body to see something sharp poking through her skirt, she planned to kill me as if she saw it coming.

"great" I said under my breath before heading back to the van, I wasn't going to stay and increase my trauma. The boss also hires someone to dispose of the body for each job.

I'm not entirely grateful, but this time I'm grateful that I wasn't the one that had to kill this time, i got it easy.

I checked the time and let out a groan when it read 21:18pm. It annoyed me since that meant I had to stay and wait in the van until further notice, my shift today ends at 21:30pm.

The noise that haunts me to this day arrived, and I throw my head back. I couldn't be more mentally exhausted with killing innocent people, I'm cold but I have a heart. The notification showed the details of an 18 year old girl named Juliette who lives alone temporarily in a small house. There was no backup and the details said to use a small knife and let her bleed out to death while I run away, meaning that no one would probably or possibly be there to help. I was required to deliver food to the house.